Do you possess a love of numbers and a passion for finding the answer buried within them? IXL is seeking a talented individual who can quickly retrieve, analyze, and report on our business data – tackling questions both small and large. In this role, you will work with multiple IXL teams, learning their specific data needs and building reports from SQL databases and other sources.
- Create meaningful standard and ad-hoc reports on a wide variety of our site usage and financial data.
- Clarify custom data requests to ensure results match what is actually needed.
- Retrieve results from Oracle and other SQL-based databases, custom logfiles, and additional data sources.
- Maintain good code organization and documentation.
- Work quickly, in an “on-call” fashion, to deliver results with a 24-hour turnaround time.
- Develop simple tools and dashboards to help answer common questions.
- Embrace a dynamic work environment and roll with the punches; handle delays, changes, and unexpected events with grace.
- Manage time efficiently and balance requests from various teams.
- BA/BS in Computer or Information Science, Economics, Applied Math, Statistics, or other quantitative field.
- Experience in an analytical role or internship experience at a technology company.
- Proficient SQL, scripting, and spreadsheet skills.
- Strong interest in data, finance, marketing, and sales.
- Excellent analytical reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with programming in general; Java and HTML skills are a plus.
- Must be a team player and enjoy collaborations with cross-functional teams
About IXL Learning
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We’re passionate about creating and supporting the best educational technology possible by developing dramatically innovative first-of-their-kind products. We look beyond the specific problems of today to see the bigger picture, with the ultimate goal of improving learning itself. People count on us to make learning as effective as it can be, and we are deeply committed to solving the real-world challenges faced by students and teachers around the planet.