Meetup has been around the block—we were born back when 3D pixelated babies danced, bananas shouted “peanut butter jelly time” and phones only had one app: Phone. It turns out that people have a deep, innate human desire to meet up, so we’ve grown like crazy—but the desktop-centric, feature-cluttered product we started building over a decade ago just can’t sustain that kind of growth. We’re ready to reshape Meetup for the mobile, global future, and to craft experiences that echo the amazing feeling of attending an incredible Meetup.
In reinventing our entire product around mobile, we’re looking for an intrepid iOS Engineer to work on a platform that witnesses almost 500 daily meetups in NY alone while also bringing together tens of millions of people worldwide. You will be part of a team dedicated to giving our members opportunities to seek unique experiences, build friendships, and expand their networks.
We have a robust pipeline of new features to build, and we need your help!
As an iOS Engineer, you could be working on:
- Building Meetup’s first universal app
- Implementing a full redesign and rewrite using Swift and iOS 8 APIs
- Building tools for Meetup organizers
- Crafting new features to help members talk to each other both online and off
- Creating an onboarding experience for Meetup Organizers
- Integrating Pay
- Working with tools such as Xcode, TestFlight, Github, CocoaPods, Charles Proxy
Ideally, you possess:
- A history of shipping great apps with an awesome portfolio to showcase
- Excellent knowledge of Core Data framework
- UIKit experience, including view controller transitions, auto layout, and storyboards
- Experience in automation testing in any language
Our team is smart, ambitious, and passionate; the environment is relaxed and a lot of fun despite regular deadlines. We are focused on quick, quality completion of projects and excited by what we do. We are looking for someone who is smart, collaborative, creative, and can get things done to a high quality.
Every member of the Meetup Team is expected to: be an Innovator; be a Collaborator; be a Champion for their ideas; be an Expert; have High Standards; be dedicated to the power of self-organized groups and our mission of A Meetup Everywhere About Most Everything (“MEME”); and most importantly, Get Stuff Done That Makes a Difference!
Meetup is the world's largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. More than 9,000 groups get together in local communities each day, each one with the goal of improving themselves or their communities. Meetup's mission is to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize. Meetup believes that people can change their personal world, or the whole world, by organizing themselves into groups that are powerful enough to make a difference.