Interlude is creating a new way for viewers to engage with video content, through an experience that combines the appeal of premium video with the pace, interactivity, and engagement of games. We’re looking for someone who cares about one thing only – the user experience. Someone who has the ingenuity to bring engaging game-mechanics to video through defining and planning seamless, interactive, and gamified experiences, and has the ability to communicate and realize the plan and vision working with a talented team of creatives, designers, and developers.
- Working with creators and Creative Directors to integrate game-mechanics into the concept and core interactivity of Interlude projects
- Mocking up, documenting, communicating, and validating game-mechanics, game loops, and retention drivers
- Working with design, motion, and tech teams to lead and direct execution of user experiences
- Working with project managers to integrate game-design process into projects’ timelines from concept to launch, and deliver on schedule
- Working with product team to enhance gamification and retention drivers of Interlude’s products
- Proven experience and track-record in designing successful games
- Experience with UX planning, writing detailed specs, mocking up experiences, prototyping, and user-testing
- Knowledge and understanding of software product life-cycle
- Experience with mobile game-design / UX is a huge plus
- Graphic design capabilities are not a requirement but a plus
- BS or BA Degree in a relevant field, plus at least 3-7 years of experience
Interlude (interlude.fm) is a venture-backed media and technology company that is building the world’s first interactive entertainment network. From music videos to original premium content, each Interlude video empowers the viewer to explore and interact so that the experience is delightfully different each time, combining the magic of a story with the engagement of a game. We work with the biggest names in the music and entertainment space, and partner with top brands and media organizations including Warner Music, Disney, Universal, BBC, Viacom, and more to create and distribute immersive video content on mobile and web. Interlude is a global start-up with offices in New York City, Los Angeles and Tel Aviv. The 60+ Interluders gather twice a week over a themed lunch, and go on company-sponsored outings (recent ones include a Yankees game, Go-Karts racing, and horseback riding). We are a dog-friendly company, and the official NYC office dog Luda will be happy to keep you company, as long as you provide her with treats.