As a UI Designer at InteraXon, you are a visual thinker who merges skills in visual design with front-end development to create beautiful and engaging interactions. You are passionate about creating clean usable interfaces, prototyping clever animated micro-interactions, and articulating complex data through simple visualizations.
While you do tend to get caught up in excitement around chasing your visual ideas, you are just as excited about the prospect of watching people engage with the experiences you create. When things don’t work as expected, you quickly question your assumptions and start work on alternative designs to solve the problem.
The opportunity is a fit if…
- You are proactive, independent, and passionate about UX.
- You obsessively evaluate the user experience of technologies you encounter.
- You’re motivated by the idea of applying technology to health and well-being.
- You’re up-to-date with the latest mobile apps, UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- You have a refined design sense which merges your unique creativity with modern design trends
- You have experience working in a Lean/Agile process
- You have a deep understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and/or Google’s Material Design standards.
- You have excellent tactical visual design skills with a sensitivity to user experience
- You’re able to quickly program interactive animated prototypes of your visual interface ideas
- You’re familiar with front-end development and coding interactive visual workflows
- You can clearly present and justify your designs to various stakeholders
- Participate in design workshops with the product team where we define and sketch new potential features and products.
- Design interface concepts for new features and communicate them through wireframes, prototypes and animations which can be presented to the team and tested with users.
- Create interface prototypes for ongoing research sessions and translate findings into improved user interface iterations.
- Work with brand guidelines and dialogue with our marketing team to ensure that all interface design concepts align with the visual brand without sacrificing usability.
- Share your prototype code with application developers to ensure your visual concepts are implemented successfully on native platforms.
- Keep tabs on other ongoing UX and market research processes (surveys, analytics, ethnography, etc.) to maintain a high-level understanding of product and user experience.
- Support product management in working with a clear agile task-based workflow and making sure all design work follows proper channels of approval.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level education in Visual Design, Interactive Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
- 3+ years of work experience in UI design / front-end development with a strong portfolio
Benefits & Perks:
- Join the only Toronto start up in the wearable brain-sensing space.
- Located in loft office space King/Spadina with rooftop patio.
- A team that cares about your well-being: personal training, mindfulness sessions, and healthy snacks available every week.
- Random and fun social events including games nights and excursions in our neighbourhood.
- A casual work environment.
- A giant stuffed Narwhal named Whally.
- Health benefits and a stock option plan.