As a Senior UX Designer at InteraXon, you despise unnecessary complexity and understand the critical role of end-to-end user experience. You are a design thinker who is passionate about creating simple, beautiful products which are easy to understand, engaging, and fit within real contexts of use.
You want to create products which elegantly solve real problems for people, and agree that testing with users is the best way to do that. You are excited about creating new features, working with talented UI designers to make them beautiful, and organizing research sessions to understand their user experience and iterate.
The opportunity is a fit if…
You are proactive, independent, and passionate about UX.
You obsessively evaluate the user experience of technologies you encounter.
You’re motivated by the idea of applying technology to health and well-being.
You’re up-to-date with the latest mobile apps, UI trends, techniques, and technologies
You have experience working in a Lean/Agile process
You have experience defining and leading user experience projects which have an impact.
You create information architecture and flow diagrams to organize your ideas
You have a clean design sense which prioritizes simplicity.
You love to solve design problems creatively and effectively.
You have strong verbal and written communications skills
You are a great listener and observer with a high attention to detail.
You maintain a pleasant demeanor while moderating unbiased and insightful user interviews.
You have piercing analytical thinking skills.
You enjoy developing pointed interview guides, personas and survey analysis reports.
You know how to set up streaming audio/video broadcasts of user tests.
You have deep behavioural and perceptual insight on technology use.
- Immerse yourself in all existing UX research conducted on our brain-sensing products.
- Plan and execute rapid iterative lean UX processes which include user research.
- Recruit, organize, and schedule testing sessions.
- Create interview guides, questionnaires and surveys and optimize them to be as unbiased as possible while answering research questions.
- Moderate/conduct unbiased research interviews in a confident and comfortable way.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data and translate it into quick, easy-to-digest insights.
- Represent and advocate for our users in cross-functional collaborations with the team.
- Facilitate design workshops to define and sketch new potential features and products.
- Create pixel-perfect wireframes of interface concepts for new features.
- Write detailed and unambiguous specifications to help UI designers and developers implement.
- Keep tabs on other ongoing research processes to maintain a high-level understanding of product and user experience across our offering.
- Support product management in working with a clear agile task-based workflow and making sure all design work follows proper channels of approval.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level education in Visual Design, Interactive Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Psychology, Anthropology or related
- 5+ years of UX work experience in with a strong portfolio showing your process at work
- Proficiency in creating wireframes, mockups, and rapid prototypes using Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Fireworks or other similar tools.
- Experience developing and conducting user research, including lab and field-based user studies, heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs and contextual inquiries with examples you can present to our team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Join the only Toronto start up in the wearable brain-sensing space.
- Located in loft office space King/Spadina with rooftop patio.
- A team that cares about your well-being: personal training, mindfulness sessions, and healthy snacks available every week.
- Random and fun social events including games nights and excursions in our neighbourhood.
- A casual work environment.
- A giant stuffed Narwhal named Whally.
- Health benefits and a stock option plan.
Want to do more with your mind? We’re InteraXon: the leading innovator in the field of brain computer interface (BCI) technology. We have just launched our first consumer product Muse: the brain sensing headband in the US and Canada. You’ll be among a group of thought leaders made up of engineers, neuroscientists, designers, marketers and sales and an opportunity to shape the future of BCI right here in downtown Toronto.