- Engage in cold-call prospecting to identify and nurture prospects resulting in net new opportunities.
- Responsible for developing great relationships with existing channel partners/resellers in order to grow revenue. Implement account development plans to optimize revenue growth and customer satisfaction with channel partners.
- Develop opportunities through cold-call prospecting, leads driven via webinars, email promotions, trade shows and events, web enquiries and phone enquiries etc. using consultative sales skills.
- Responsible for achievement of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
- Participate in ad-hoc sales campaigns and programs to help generate new prospects/opportunities.
- Pay attention to details – Utilize CRM to ensure activities are documented properly, opportunities are forecasted accurately and adequate information regarding the prospect and/or opportunity is communicated.
- Maintain knowledge of market conditions and competitive activities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3+ years inside sales experience in a B2B commercial software inside sales role. Sale of related products is preferred.
- Experience selling and prospecting to new customers
- Experience selling technology solutions to Director and C-Level executives to SMB and midmarket focused MSP’s and/or Resellers
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills is a must.
- Knowledge of and comfortable following a defined sales process
- Experience meeting minimum outbound call volume and/or talk time goals in most recent role.
- Ability to generate accurate forecasts to properly project quarterly and yearly sales.
- Experience generating 3x to 4x pipelines for B2B sales deals is a must.
- Experience using consultative sales skills.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills.
- Basic computer knowledge required. Ability to multi-task with several tools, work independently and prioritize tasks, honor rules of engagement and follow policies, processes and procedures.
- Travel may be required occasionally based on business need.
Here at Datto our people are our greatest asset, which is why we offer a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Above and beyond the typical medical, dental and vision, we also offer a generous 401k plan with a significant employer match, unlimited paid time off, educational reimbursement, fitness reimbursement, and travel subsidies for commuters. We have a patent rewards program and various other fun perks and fringe benefits, including free lunch every Friday in all of our offices globally.
Datto® is the leading provider of comprehensive data backup, recovery and business continuity solutions with over five million customers and 8,000 partners worldwide. With its Total Data Protection Platform business data is protected everywhere it resides, whether on premise, in virtualized environments, in the cloud, and software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications including Salesforce, Google Apps, and more. Datto stores over 100 petabytes of cloud data worldwide for businesses ranging from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. Datto’s core technologies such as instant virtualization, Screenshot Backup Verification™, Inverse Chain Technology™, Backup Insights™, and end-to-end encryption are the cornerstones of its innovative solutions. Industry firsts also include 24/7/365 in-house tech support, white glove customer success support, and time-based cloud retention, that empowers its partners with predictable cloud billing. The Datto product line consists of the Datto SIRIS Family, Datto ALTO Family, Datto NAS and Datto Backupify.