The Informatica Developer will support the technical aspects of systems development activities required to provide a productive and efficient system that meets business requirements. While supporting a specific development effort, the Informatica Developer is is also responsible for the management and delivery of the application and process portfolio to one line of business. This position drives the continued evolution, operation, and support of business processes and enabling applications to ensure effective and efficient achievement of business objectives.
Scope of work includes the development and sustainment of a processes/systems integration strategy and plan, and project leadership on major processes/systems efforts (including the development of project scope and expectations, and the coordination of resources from multiple internal and external sources).
- Support the technical architecture and design for a new Data Warehouse.
- Support the construction of all objects necessary within the Data Warehouse.
- Interact with the project team members responsible for developing reports, interfaces, data conversion programs, and application extensions.
- Oversee activities for all assigned projects from planning to delivery and sustaining support to ensure that projects meet established business objectives, time and budget constraints.
- Provide scoping and estimating on Data Warehouse activities
- Present technical information in easily understood terms in both verbal and written form
- Work closely with fellow IT staff and project management to document standards and procedures for the definition of reference architectures (architecture roadmap)
- Interact and work directly with customer team members on projects and support issues.
- Facilitate communication upward and across project teams
- Follow change management and problem management processes.
- 8+ years experience in information technology.
- 5+ years of experience in Data Warehouse solutions.
- 5+ years minimum of demonstrable experience in a technical leadership role.
- 5+ years of ETL experience with Informatica Power Center.
- Extensive experience with developing, unit testing, break/fix support of Informatica ETL
- Experience with Oracle SQL (DML & DDL), PL/SQL, packages, stored procedures, triggers.
- Expertise in reviewing business requirements, technical requirements documentation.
- Expertise in writing high and low level design documentation.
- Experience in writing re-usable unit test documents.
- Skilled in performance tuning, query plan / explain plan analysis, indexing, table partitioning.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience leading technical teams.
- Familiarity with use of version control / source code management tools.
- Full SDLC experience.
- Well organized, detail oriented, ability to multi-task.
- Excellent time-management, planning and prioritization.
- Experience with Teradata packages, stored procedures, triggers, preferred
About CBS Local
CBS Local launched in 2012. CBS Local Digital Media personalizes the global reach of CBS-owned and operated television and radio stations with a local perspective.