About this Position
We’re looking for a visionary leader to develop and oversee BookBub’s nascent ux and design department — a team responsible for designing products that will delight our millions of readers and thousands of authors and publishers. The person who fills this role will also become part of BookBub’s executive team, helping shape top-level company strategy, culture, and philosophy.
Here’s what you can expect to do during your first year in this role:
- Lead the overall brand and creative vision for the company, shaping our style guide and procedures for enforcing brand consistency across all the products we build.
- Grow our existing design team from three to about eight people by hiring visual, ux, interaction, and product designers.
- Guide this team as they design our new upcoming products, like our mobile app, book discovery features for readers, and tools for authors and publishers to engage their fans.
- Pitch in directly by designing some of these products and features yourself as necessary while the team is still small.
- Mentor the team on best practices for developing wireframes, mocking up visual designs, and conducting user research, to get everyone producing their best work.
- Cultivate a culture of career growth and learning within your team to make BookBub a place that attracts, nurtures, and retains great talent.
- Work with the marketing team to evolve our branding message from an ebook deal site to the best place to discover books for all readers.
- Be a critical part of the executive team, working with the founders and other company leaders to shape top-level company strategy, culture, policies, and philosophy.
BookBub is a free service that helps millions of readers discover great deals on acclaimed ebooks while providing publishers and authors with a way to drive sales and find new fans. Members receive a personalized daily email alerting them to the best free and deeply discounted titles matching their interests as selected by our editorial team. BookBub works with all major ebook retailers and devices, and is the industry’s leading ebook price promotion service. BookBub was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.