Backed by a syndicate of successful serial entrepreneurs and professional investors, Hakuna is an NYC-based startup developing a technology-enhanced home care service. We send caregivers into the homes of seniors to help with everyday tasks a few hours a day, a few times a week. We provide an end-to-end solution for families looking for caregivers through a mobile platform that takes all of the worries out of the equation. We are not just another social web app: we are facilitating real services and changing how home care is delivered.
About the job
Hakuna is looking for a highly motivated Business Analyst to join our rapidly expanding team. You will be directly responsible for the development and growth of our business in one of the major cities in the country from Day 1. You are a super sharp, agile thinker and a quick study who knows how to quickly adapt and iterate as we explore how to run our business.
As a Business Analyst, you will gain a first-hand, holistic understanding of how the company operates, and get on the fast track to a leadership role at Hakuna. You will develop, evaluate, and execute strategic initiatives related to our rapid expansion. You will spearhead complex research projects to discover insights, and work with management to turn these findings into actionable strategies.
These are early days. Come join us, and help us build a new fabric for home care logistics that is redefining the way families connect with caregivers and how they can bond over the collective experience of taking care for their loved ones.
We are looking for:
- A commitment to going above and beyond to get stuff done
- A desire to kick-start a lot of initiatives and knows how to be resourceful
- Previous experience thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Mastery in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
At Hakuna, you will be working hard to:
- Improve Hakuna’s internal procedures
- Perform deep dives on local regulation and synthesize operational takeaways
- Assist with government innovation grant applications
- Help design, implement, and manage a review system that incorporates feedback from client families, the seniors themselves and Hakuna caregivers
- Discuss and contribute to marketing and business strategy
- Create marketing collateral for partners/investors/in-house communications
- Be on call for client family /caregiver questions
- Be willing to step in as a caregiver in the case of a last minute cancellation (all members of core Hakuna management do this regularly as a team-building exercise)
- A bachelor’s degree from a top-tier institution, graduate degrees a plus
- Must have U.S. work authorization