Geli (Growing Energy Labs, Inc.) is looking for experienced and enthusiastic senior software engineers striving to be innovators at the forefront of the rapidly expanding energy storage industry.
Software engineers at Geli contribute to the full life cycle of projects–from the initial design, development, and documentation, to testing and bug fixing. They have strong problem solving skills and are able to work independently to push tasks to completion. Development is a collaborative effort due to the highly interdependent nature of our software and requires that developers see the big picture and understand how their contributions function within and affect the greater software organism. The ability to work throughout the full stack is essential.
Geli’s software, the Geli Energy Operating System (Geli EOS), brings together multiple concepts to control energy systems ranging from small residential to multi-megawatt deployments that utilize energy storage often in conjunction with other energy sources such as solar or wind. An understanding of power systems, electrical grid & smart grid concepts, utility rate structures, and wholesale energy markets is helpful but not necessary to work with us. What is necessary is a desire to learn and work with these concepts.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- At least three years of development and programming experience
- Deep Java knowledge
- Experience with noSQL data stores (we use Cassandra)
- Solid experience developing software for deployment on Linux/Unix
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment, providing backup support to team members, and establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with coworkers within and across functional areas
- API Development
- Evolve Geli’s core Geli EOS platform into a next generation product
- Develop hardware drivers for Geli’s EOS to facilitate connectivity to new hardware(Inverters, BMSs, smart meters, etc.)
- Help build a development team to support general development and project deployment
- Design and develop user interfaces and features collaboratively with the team
- Research and recommend software tools and methods
- Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports
- Plan work, estimate tasks and help create schedules to deliver projects on time
- Document code consistently throughout the development process and maintain up-to-date documentation
Nice to have, but not necessary to be a successful candidate
- Familiarity with agile, scrum, and continuous deployment
- Good knowledge of mathematical and statistical principles and formulas
- Familiarity with Grails is a plus
- Data Analytics
- Utility Grid & Markets
- SCADA/control Systems
- Software and Network Security
- Project Management
Benefits of working at Geli
- Equity Compensation Plan
- Health Insurance Coverage
- 401k Matching
- Convenient location on Mission St in downtown San Francisco
- New Macbook Pro and workstation budget
- Open Vacation Policy
- Commuter Reimbursement
- Flexible working hours and work from home policies
Geli is building the Internet of Energy by providing software and business solutions to design, integrate, network, and economically operate energy storage and microgrid systems. At its core, the Geli EOS (Energy Operating System) is a software platform that brings together energy storage, distributed generation, EV charging, and building controls as part of the Internet of Energy. Geli has projects deployed and in development in C&I demand management, commercial and military microgrids, municipal solar & EV charging, and multi-family buildings.
Geli is headquartered in a beautiful, open workspace in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood. You can find Geli on the web at geli.net and tweeting at @growingenergy.