Do you love developing hardware? Do you get excited by beautifully designed tech products? Are you ready to be the driver of a food revolution?
As the Mechanical and Manufacturing Lead, you will take industrial design concepts from prototyping through to final manufacturing, including building a supply chain and developing quality control testing procedures to create a fully functioning IoT product worth drooling over. You will need the drive to self-manage and to lead a team through the challenges faced at different stages of the project lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to take trips abroad to liaise with suppliers, and your work will help change the face of food and technology.
Also, your typical day might include:
- Mechanical design of the product and parts.
- Building and testing prototypes.
- Making major manufacturing decisions for the company’s success.
- Working with advisors and consultants to develop great industrial design and UX
- Supply chain creation and management.
- Development of testing and QC jigs.
- Communicating with the other teams to create the most culture changing tech product that this world has ever seen.
- A university or college degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, or a related field.
- Experience with product development and manufacturing.
- Knowledge in SolidWorks or equivalent CAD experience.
- The ability to think outside the box.
- Stellar communication and teamwork skills.
- A driven personality and can work independently.
You might have:
- DFM experience.
- QC experience.
- Model making and prototyping experience.
- Experience using Rhino or an equivalent rendering program.
How to apply:
Please email your resume to email@example.com with “Mechanical and Manufacturing Lead” in the subject line and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
About Grobo Inc.
Grobo is changing the way people think about and interact with food.We are developing a smart gardening system that will allow anyone to effortlessly grow fresh, nutrient-rich food in their own homes, all year.At Grobo, we believe in constantly challenging ourselves, and we’re looking for people who share our passion for healthy food and are ready to to lead a food revolution.