Do you develop constituency parsers for breakfast and dependency parsers for dinner? Do you have your own opinion on the Norvig—Chomsky debate?
Grammarly is looking for outstanding Natural Language Processing engineers to help us build the world’s best automated English proofreader. We need someone who wields two swords and is equally good at linguistics and engineering.
As a Senior NLP Developer you will:
- Drive the implementation of challenging NLP algorithms in the Grammarly core and help your peers with easier NLP tasks as an expert;
- Work with our linguists to collect, organize and process data used in different components of the system;
- Brainstorm with us on ways to make Grammarly smarter and develop new technologies at the forefront of modern Natural Language Processing;
- Have the luxury to work with world-class scientific advisors and learn from them.
You will get to work with amazing engineers, linguists and business minds from all over the world and experience the magic of direct access within a small team that pays attention to your ideas and contributions. In turn, we expect you to continuously learn, strive for perfection and optimum performance, and be generous with your time and expertise.
- A life passion for Natural Language Processing
- PhD or MSc in both Computer Science and Computational Linguistics or related fields strongly preferred
- 3+ years of developing real-world Natural Language Processing applications
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience
- Substantial experience with both statistical and rule-based approaches to NLP
- NLP-related publications and/or open-source projects
- Fluency in programming, preferably Python/Java/Lisp
- Use of Unix as the main development platform
- Great written and spoken English
The following are desirable:
- Background in machine learning;
- Experience with syntax/dependency parsing, spelling correction, word sense disambiguation or similar NLP applications;
- Contribution or at least extensive experience with some of the popular NLP frameworks (OpenNLP, NLTK, LingPipe, Stanford, GATE, etc.).
Grammarly improves communication among the world’s 2+ billion native and non-native English writers. Our flagship product, the Grammarly® Editor, corrects contextual spelling mistakes, checks for more than 250 common grammar errors, enhances vocabulary usage, and provides citation suggestions. More than 3 million registered users worldwide trust Grammarly’s products, which are also licensed by more than 250 leading universities and corporations. Grammarly is an Inc 500 company with offices in San Francisco and Kiev.