What you will do:
• Develop the vision for the next generation of Grammarly’s platform which will need to scale to tens of millions of users and beyond.
• Create the goals and plans for the platform team, and then get them implemented.
• Develop backbone components and services that power various Grammarly products with a focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability. Examples include document storage, text checking facade, authentication services, public API endpoints, etc.
• Grow our infrastructure: design and build tools and systems that multiply the force of Grammarly engineers and reduce the amount of time and effort necessary to ship and iterate on a great product.
• Facilitate and foster the company’s devops culture and the general development culture.
• Provide leadership and be a mentor to the backend and devops engineers.
• Technologies we use
◦ AWS stack
◦ Programming languages: Java, Erlang, Node.js, Lisp, Python
◦ Chef, Jenkins, Nexus, Github
◦ MySQL, MongoDB , Redis, PostgreSQL
◦ The best tool for the job
What we’re looking for:
• You are a technical leader who is familiar with and actively involved in current technology developments in your area of expertise. You have good architecture and design taste.
• You’ve lead a team before, and have some experience in growing and mentoring engineers.
• You are fluent in multiple programming languages and paradigms and can learn new ones quickly.
• You have experience developing high-load applications in Linux/Unix environment.
• You are passionate about all of the above