The Managing Editor will serve as Grammarly’s voice and “red pen,” establishing and driving a consistent tone for all outward communication. You will be responsible for editing company-wide content to ensure that it is grammatically correct and concise, and that it follows a specific style guide. The Managing Editor will serve as the last set of eyes on public relations, social media, product, marketing, sales, support, and recruiting materials. This is a hands-on editorial position that will provide you with the opportunity to not only plan, assign, and edit content, but also to write your own. Strong writing, editing, and project management skills are critical.
What you will do
- Comprehensive editing for grammar, usage, consistency, accuracy, and style in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Write stories and other content as needed, and facilitate freelancer contributions
- Work closely with Grammarly’s marketing team to serve as the last set of eyes on email templates, advertisements, landing pages, all product-related information, public relations materials, job specs, enterprise newsletters, blog posts, and more
- Passion for grammar and written English
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with at least five years of experience writing or editing content for a media outlet preferred
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to multi-task, monitor and meet deadlines, and prioritize effectively
- Creative thinker with the ability to identify issues and solutions, develop strategic and tactical plans, and implement projects on time and within budget
- Team player with the ability to work effectively across multiple departments and levels of management
- B.A. in English or Journalism preferred
Grammarly improves communication among the world’s 2+ billion native and non-native English writers. Our flagship product, the Grammarly® Editor, corrects contextual spelling mistakes, checks for more than 250 common grammar errors, enhances vocabulary usage, and provides citation suggestions. More than 3 million registered users worldwide trust Grammarly’s products, which are also licensed by more than 250 leading universities and corporations. Grammarly is an Inc 500 company with offices in San Francisco and Kiev.