We are looking for a skilled Database Engineer to help us with the design, maintenance, and scaling of Grammarly’s databases. The Database Engine will focus primarily on developing and managing various relational and non-relational storage systems for our main products, new features, statistics, monitoring, etc.
What you will do:
• Proactively monitor, tune, profile, and scale Grammarly’s database environments
• Develop, implement, and periodically test backup and recovery plans
• Evaluate and implement new database platforms
• Actively work with developers and ops on database design
• Develop tools to automate performance monitoring and data migration
• Maintain data security and access control
• Troubleshoot when something goes wrong
What we’re looking for:
• Solid understanding of MySQL and PostgreSQL
• Familiarity with replication and failover strategies
• Experience with database performance tuning and capacity planning (preferably with MySQL)
• Experience with other data storage systems (e.g. Graphite, ElasticSearch, Cassandra is a plus)
• Strong systems administration and automation skills
• A sense of humor!