The BrainStation General Manager embodies and fosters all aspects of the BrainStation culture and core values. They oversee all aspects of campus performance and develop a multi-channel business. They own big picture strategy and ensure that BrainStation operating principles are followed. They lead innovation in the community with digital education at the core. They manage, coach and develop the classroom leadership pipeline and proactively recruit from the cities top companies. They ensure that the right courses are in the right place at the right time through a strong market analysis. They manage their region’s P& L quarterly and yearly sales contributions.
The BrainStation General manager can be found in classes, community workshops and events, working with various BrainStation team members to support and help them grow. They build and maintain cross functional relationships within their city and BrainStation HQ partners to create solutions and plan for the future.
Who you are:
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the BrainStation culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal crusher)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- A Jack/Jill of all trades; from biz dev and operations to event-planning and support
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun
- A quarterback; we’ve got an expansion playbook, now you’ve just got to execute and lead your team to a big W!
What you’ll do:
- Researching your city and learning the educational providers, regulations and market opportunities for BrainStation.
- Exploring business development opportunities (sponsorships, partnerships, and co-marketing promotions) to increase awareness and visibility of BrainStation in local communities
- Finding, hiring and guiding a team to run the city
- Passion, knowledge and involvement in digital
- BrainStation Community management experience a strong asset
- 5+ years proven management experience of large or diverse groups
- BA degree in business, finance or marketing (MBA a-plus)
- Startup experience a huge asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to manage complex projects and delegate
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a changing environment
- Excellent decision making and problem resolution skills
- Extraordinary “Creator” interaction, organizational and time management skills
- Proven negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong digital skills – Google Drive, Dropbox, Adobe, Keynote
- A passion to learn, excel, and succeed
BONUS POINTS: We of course love to work with alumni and our students, have you considered taking a BrainStation course?
- Never stop learning – all BrainStation full-time members have access to our part-time evening courses!
- We work at King and Spadina out of a beautiful 12,000 sq ft brick and beam building
- Unlimited tea and coffee
- Snacks stocked in the cupboards
- Local beer on tap
- You’ll be at the center of innovation in Canada
- BrainStation swag
- Weekly catered lunches
- Monthly socials
- Access to events
To Apply for this position:
If you are seeking a position in a company which fosters and supports education, personal development, growth, change, responsibility and overall success please submit your resume and cover letter directly to this posting.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
Founded in 2012, BrainStation is a progressive educational institution that is powering the next generation of creators. Fuelled by Konrad Group, a global leader in the consumer and enterprise technology space, BrainStation’s curriculum is developed and updated in real-time based on what's happening in the industry. BrainStation is education for the 21st century, where business, creativity and technology collide.