Fuzz is seeking a User Experience Designer to join its award-winning creative team. The perfect candidate for this role has a deep passion for creating user-centric digital products and a strong interest in the computer science that powers the world’s best apps and websites. You excel at taking big-picture ideas and turning them into smart, compelling, and simple designs. You are well-versed in mobile app and website best practices, and know when and how to push the boundaries.
Your role in the project lifecycle begins with understanding and defining the needs of our target users. You’ll then work with product managers, designers and engineers to merge user needs, technology and business requirements into elegant, intuitive interfaces.
You will be directly responsible for:
- User research, including surveys, in-person interviews, usability testing and secondary research
- Creating user flows, content maps, detailed wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Analyzing and understanding business and application requirements, prioritizing and identifying user tasks and goals
- Collaborating with a team of graphic designers, software and application developers, and product stakeholders to meet both internal and client needs in a timely manner
- Conceptualizing and sketching mobile application and website interfaces
- Researching and reporting on best practices in the world of User Experience, and User-Centric Application Design
- Attending UX and industry networking events and conferences
Your ideal qualifications:
- 1 – 2 years experience creating and editing wireframes and content maps
- Experience planning and conducting user interviews and usability tests
- An understanding of user-centered design principles, including iOS, Android and Responsive Web best practices
- Proficiency in OmniGraffle, InVision or another prototyping software
- Comfortable with Adobe Photoshop & InDesign
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously across different projects
- Academic background in human-computer interaction, interaction design or related field a plus
- Experience with Illustrator, Sketch, After Effects a plus
What you’ll get from Fuzz:
- Support and structure to continue to grow and strengthen your skills, including conferences, lunch & learns and classes
- A casual environment and passionate, creative team that thrives on collaboration
- A MacBook Air and cinema display, plus plenty of art supplies for sketching
- Full benefits package with health, dental and 401K
- Free lunches and beverages (soda, coffee, juice, RedBull, micro brews)
- Office theater, fully equipped with WiiU and XboxOne
- Ultimate frisbee in nearby McCarren park
Fuzz is dedicated to hiring a diverse and highly skilled talent base and as such is committed to EEO practices.
Fuzz provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fuzz complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in all of our offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Fuzz expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fuzz employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
About Fuzz Productions
We’re Fuzz, an award-winning product agency purposefully evolved for today’s connected world and the exceedingly high expectations of the on-demand consumer that drives it. We create, evolve and optimize products -- mobile, tablet, and web applications -- and are uniquely positioned to serve the rapidly growing number of product and platform owners in leading organizations across the world. Our clients are our partners bound not by contracts (those too), but by powerful relationships built on shared values and a common vision for their product ecosystem. From leading Fortune 100 clients to disruptive start-ups, we are committed to creating a diverse portfolio of interesting work and are excited for you to be a part of shaping it.