Lateral.ly is the first two-sided recruiting marketplace for the legal industry, transforming the way lawyers find jobs and reconfiguring an industry dominated by headhunters.
Currently focused on the high-end legal market, we’ve signed up thousands of lawyers and helped connect them with over 100 of the nation’s top firms and companies.
The Washington Post calls us “online dating for the legal business.”
We’re looking for an ambitious full-stack engineer to join our team at a very exciting period for the company and to be a core member in the development of our web app, built with Ruby on Rails and Ember.js.
We’re a team of engineers, entrepreneurs and lawyers eager to transform an industry and build a category-killing product. Before this, we ran Groupon’s local business in China, founded two Y-Combinator companies, and practiced law at the nation’s top firms. In addition to that, we are a lot of fun to work with and enjoy a good party every now and then.
- You’re proficient with Ruby on Rails
- You love building products and features from the ground up, but have the experience to master and maintain an existing code base.
- You’re a front-end aficionado who loves to create beautiful experiences for users, and you’ve got some HTML, CSS and Photoshop skills.
- The words test-driven and agile are second nature to you.
- You’re highly collaborative – you’ll support and/or lead a team of engineers and also work with our business team to constantly develop products that meet users’ needs.
- You’re excited to work at a startup where things move quickly and where your contributions are integral to the success and growth of the company.
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco. We’d prefer to have you here, but remote collaboration is ok too for outstanding candidates. Salary is competitive, but you should be someone who wants a piece of the upside at a fast-growing company.
Send questions and applications to Micah Springut, our CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, provide a brief description of your interest in the position and a link to your github plus any other repository of your work.