We work in an agile environment focused on delivering high quality software through quick iterations. We don’t always stick to a particular programming language or adapt our requirements to fit within a particular technology stack. Software development, for us, focuses on the simple yet elegant solutions to complex problems. At PlaceIQ, we empower our team members to extend beyond traditional functional boundaries so that we can build game-changing products.
Here’s what we value as a team:
- Passion, technical expertise, and personal accomplishments
- Independent ownership of business problems and their solutions
- Solid engineering skills (e.g. design patterns, automated testing, fault-tolerant systems)
- Passion for aggressively automating everything we do
- Developers who can navigate around a Linux box and a production environment
- Experience with using open source tools and participating in an open source projects
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting things done
- Full stack engineer with great Front End experience.
- Someone who has experience building large data sets visualization interactive web UI.
- Must have a couple if not all of the following:
- Core Java version 7 and 8
- Spring IC
- Spring MVC
- HTML5/CSS3/JS (AngularJS/Backbone.js),
- Dependency managers (require.js or similar),
- Experience building RESTfull APIs
- Tomcat or similar Servlet container
- SQL (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience with NoSQL databases is strongly preferred.
We also believe that good balance produces good results, so we provide:
- Competitive salaries, benefits and equity.
- Unlimited paid vacation.
Summary of your startupLeading CPG, retail, automotive, entertainment, consumer electronics, and other national brands and their agencies rely on PlaceIQ’s patented technology and suite of consumer discovery, engagement and activation solutions to engage with the right consumers and lead them to desired brand actions and destinations at unbeatable scale. PlaceIQ’s Place Visit Rate (PVR™) is already the standard for measuring real-world, in-store ROI, quantifying the value and effectiveness of advertising, targeting and messaging. The company is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Palo Alto, Chicago, Detroit, and Boulder.