- At least a few years of web development experience under your belt.
- Be able to put together robust, maintainable systems. Hacking together code for one-off projects isn’t going to cut it in this shop.
- Degree in a technical field is preferred, but not essential.
- Be super smart and get things done.
- You understand the difference between smart shortcuts to take and a ugly hacks.
You will be will be working a variety of projects relating to our flagship web application. These will include front-end MVC application design and development, DOM optimization, and modular and extensible HTML/CSS . In terms of back-end development, you will be working on our Django application and creating lightning-fast REST APIs.
We like to hire developers who have solid full stack experience but definitely value, and accommodate, developers who choose to be more focused on either front-end and back-end development.
It’s a good sign if you’re comfortable with:
- Semantic HTML5 concepts
- CSS 3.0
- Automated unit and integration testing
- REST APIs
- Databases (Hopefully including query performance and optimization)
We think a good developer should have interesting projects they’ve done on their own time. So please showcase any cool side projects, open source contributions, community involvement, and show us your GitHub profile if you have one.
About Top Hat:
We have a vibrant culture of brilliant people who are innovators, thinkers, and creative geniuses. We believe in defying the status quo and we want smart people like you to join us.
The fabulous life on the Top Hat engineering team comes with other sweet perks too.
- Outstanding company culture, with a team that is super smart, highly motivated & stoked to be a part of a company that is changing the face of education.
- We have hackathons, where developers get to spend time working on ideas that they’re super passionate about.
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- We offer breakfast and catered lunch every day!
- Oh, and did we mention Streetfighter throw-downs at lunch?
- We are one of the top education technology companies in North America (named one of the Top 50 Companies to Watch by Deloitte Consulting)
- Our dress code is casual and we hope you’ll get behind our Top Hat traditions of Plaid Tuesdays and Tip Top Fridays