About the Job
LiveSafe builds software that makes individuals, campuses, and communities safer. Our “social safety” products allow college students to easily connect with campus safety and security officials, as well as with each other. Our users prevent incidents, react more quickly and safely during incidents, and expedite responses after incidents. Passion for building safer communities is in our DNA and we are serious about providing a high quality product that works every time someone needs it.
You most likely identify as a:
- Talented software engineer that loves building services based web applications
- Polyglot that readily picks up new languages, frameworks, and tools
- Maker that does not relent until finding an elegant and practical solution to a problem
- Unix veteran who understands the value of automation and infrastructure as code
- Collaborator that thrives in a social atmosphere and actively contributes to improving processes, workflows, and communication
- Person who cares deeply that your work realizes positive outcomes for our world
You can probably also:
- Describe the faults and shortcomings of your favorite language/tool/framework
- Name several pet software design principles that drives you nuts when not used
What we are looking for
There are always exceptions, and we hire exceptional individuals, so nothing on this list is strictly required. However, if some of these sound like you, then we are probably a good match.
- Bachelor of Science degree (think CS, CE, EE, math, physics, …)
- Strong foundation in Computer Science – data structures, algorithms, etc.
- Built and maintained web services that were subjected to a high request volume
- Built single page frontend apps using a modern framework (angular, backbone, …)
- Scaled out infrastructure using automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Cloud Formation, …)
- Integrated with a wide variety of databases (*Sql, non-relational, object storage, …)
Technologies we teach and use
- node.js, iOS, Android
- AWS EC2, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, OpsWorks, CircleCI
- JUnit, Espresso, Mocha, Chai, ServerSpec
- Early stage equity
- Fantastic health, dental, and vision
- Choose your own rig and dev tools
- Free drinks and healthy snacks
- Flexible hours and remote work
- Coworkers are passionate about safety (and ping pong)
IAC is a leading media and Internet company focused on the areas of search, applications, online dating, media and eCommerce. Ranked by Fortune magazine's annual standing of the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector for many years, IAC's family of websites is one of the largest in the world, with over two billion monthly visits reaching users in more than 200 countries. The company is headquartered in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City and has business operations and satellite offices around the world.