We’re a large scale, consumer brand looking for someone who truly loves writing code and creating user experiences. You are super smart and your passion for web technology is unmatched. You have a strong desire to make the internet a better place and writing good code makes you happy. You care about quality more than anyone you know and get excited about applying your craft towards things like conversion rate optimization and A/B testing.
BeenVerified creates mobile and web-based products focused on helping people discover, understand, and use public data in their everyday lives. Our products support over a million active users and we are leading the industry in innovative and creative ways. In this role you will support our mission by working with the optimization, product management and marketing teams to enable rapid UI development for our web and mobile products. Collaboration is key as you will be an integral contributor and driver of our process focusing on the development of user flows. Additionally, you’ll always be looking for ways to improve conversion rates and implement A/B tests.
We believe in diversity and hiring people from all backgrounds and walks of life (it makes our company parties more exciting!). You must be energetic, inventive, a team player and looking to help build and grow the company each and every day. You must have an inner desire to win and the idea of losing is a non-starter. Please note, if you need direct supervision or constant instructions on what to do next, this position probably isn’t for you. However, if you are looking for a position that allows you to work with a group of smart and dedicated people who will support you but still provide the autonomy you need to execute your strategy, then you should probably apply as soon as you’re done reading this!
- Continuously look for ways to improve conversion rates and implement A/B tests
- Build better user experiences
- Rigorously educate yourself with the latest development techniques and best practices
- Proactively anticipate issues and develop solutions
- Clearly communicate solutions to team members both verbally and in written documentation
- Implement new digital technologies or development techniques that help to meet business objectives
Desired Skills And Experience
- 3+ years of front-end development experience
- Experience with responsive web design and the ability to deliver outstanding functionality to the range of client devices from desktops and laptops to mobile platforms
- Understanding of HTTP and how clients interact with a web server.
- Solid understanding of best practices. You use JSLint and know who Douglas Crockford is.
- Up-to-date on HTML5 and CSS3 features
- Passionate about supporting all browsers, including IE8
- Understanding of conversion optimization principles
- Practical experience in design techniques for web UI applications
- Familiarity with analytics tools (Heap, VWO, Mixpanel, Conductrics, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves to develop and implement new features and functionality
- Possess an excellent understanding of creative tools in order to develop leading-edge web pages with interesting and innovative client-side capabilities
- Be independently driven and resourceful to deliver results with minimal direction
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit with a drive to contribute new ideas for future development
- Have the ability to work with UX and technical teams to get things done
- Have the ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- You know how to polyfill features that aren’t cross browser friendly.
- You understand same-origin policy and cross-origin resource sharing.
- You understand prototypal inheritance vs classical inheritance.
- You know what partial implementation and currying is.
- You are intrigued by functional programming in JS.
Additional Skills Appreciated but Not Required
- You can handle your own at ping pong
- You have a strong opinion on the types of swag the company should be wearing
- You enjoy building your own work setup (Mac/PC, big screens, Aerons, etc.) and getting the latest in tech gadgetry
BeenVerified's mission is to help people discover, understand, and use public data in their everyday lives.We're democratizing access to public records that were traditionally expensive and hard to access.