We’re looking for a great front-end developer to help us build great things faster! You’ll be working on the team building out user-facing and admin tools that connect recent graduates with non-technical roles at startups. You’ll have a supportive team, lots of input in both product and technical discussions, and lots of responsibility. Even though we’re a startup, we value work-life balance and try to keep our schedules as regular as possible and surprises limited to birthdays.
- You’ll own the front-end of our web application from semantics and styling to accessibility and performance.
- Front-end performance and making sure we’re as fast as possible.
- Implementing features from designs and specs.
- Working with the other developers to define the best API to implement the features we need.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a front-end developer, or proven aptitude in the requirements.
- Knowledge of HTML5 and ability to write semantic beautiful markup. You should be able to explain why you used a certain element and what the various aria attributes mean for accessibility.
- Knowledge of CSS and the ability to manage a large app full of complex rules, how to use media queries to create responsive layouts, and manage those rules to avoid unintended consequences.
- Familiarity with git. We do everything through pull requests, so you’ll need to be able to do at least that much.
- You have to be able to pick up new skills and technologies fairly quickly and be self-motivated.
- Ability to give mostly accurate estimates and hit mutually agreed upon deadlines.
- Be able to communicate effectively as a remote team member.
Nice to Haves
- Working knowledge of Twitter’s Bootstrap
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails. This is a front-end position so we’re most concerned with your ability to write a little Erb and know how to run local services (though we can help).
- Know how to SCSS and jQuery things like crazy.
- Full healthcare benefits
- Unlimited vacation days (as long as you’re kicking ass of course)
- Periodic trips to visit our New York City headquarters, and introductions to Korean Fried Chicken, Filipino breakfasts and a tour of the city’s best bagels.
- Unlimited music and Netflix recommendations from your co-workers, who all have excellent taste.
Planted (Techstars NY'14) helps you get your foot in the door at the best startup jobs. Grow your career at a job you'll love.