About the Position
Every prospective customer is breaking new ground in big data. Our Forward Deployed Engineers are responsible for making sure that they do this successfully with client. For this role, most of your time will be spent in pre-sales and post-sales situations where you are proving our value to some of the smartest folks in the industry. To do this well you need to gracefully adapt to new environments, quickly prototype data pipelines, and have a sharp eye for performance tuning and optimizing distributed systems.
The FDE represents the primary interface for our customers, partners and field engineers. You will use your excellent communication skills to provide superior customer service while facilitating answers, guidance and support to all of Clients customers. Our motto is, “We NEVER let a customer fail! . By harnessing your technical prowess and superior intellect, client customers will routinely receive unparalleled support services. This position reports to the Director of 24×7 Support and is located at our HQ in San Francisco, CA.
Fundamentally, we represent the company’s engineering team to the customer. While we expect you to be an integral part of the sales process, customers evaluate technology on the strength of the engineering team. You’ll be the primary face of this relationship.
- Run Proof of Concepts. Build end-to-end, functional, real time solutions in mere days.
- Pre-sales consulting. This involves presenting demos and technical Q&A.
- Provide support to both pre-sales and post-sales customers.
- Make recommendations on performance tradeoffs in database design.
- Help define the future of the product based on real customer experiences.
- Identify customer challenges, define technical account strategies, and implement solutions.
- Provide technical support and/or installation assistance to customers deploying client into a diverse range of customer environments and use-cases.
- Reproduce customer’s bug scenarios and follow escalation processes
- Maintain close working relationship and open communications with both QA and Development.
- Write and maintain technical guidance and documentation to add to the client Knowledge Base.
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL and DBA.
- Expert in transaction processing systems.
- Supplemental MySQL technologies: XtraDB, XtraBackup, NDB Cluster, third-party storage engines and appliances, etc.
- Technologies such as LVS, Nginx, Sphinx, and load balancers.
- Knowledge of MySQL HA Solutions.
- Programming languages and platforms, especially frameworks such as Java – Hibernate, Ruby On Rails and Django.
- Expert knowledge of other RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres, MS SQL Server, Drizzle).
- Experience with Galera / XtraDB Cluster.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in qualitative field.
- Strong communication and storytelling skills.
- Knowledgeable of the big data ecosystem and industry.
- Experience translating data problems into working solutions.
- Proficient in Python, PHP, Bash, or similar.
- Understanding of sophisticated querying logic.
- Good troubleshooting instincts, fearless when encountering new systems and environments.
- You have built a web or mobile app (success of the app is less important than the fact that you built it!).
- Comfortable dealing with multiple simultaneous projects with competing deadlines.
- Can nimbly Linux sys admin concepts and tools.
- Proficiency with database administration, distributed systems, Hadoop or Spark a plus.
Summary of your startup DIVERSANT is the largest African American owned IT staffing firms providing IT talent to Fortune 500, mid-market and startup companies.