Our Finance Director is a new position and will be a key member of the Meetup team reporting directly to the CFO. He or she will be managing the transactional accounting and budgeting processes of the company and will lead the finance team. We’re looking for someone who is smart, self-motivated and detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
Our Finance Director will:
- Provide leadership, management, and mentorship for the accounting team
- Own the accounting, treasury, and financial reporting functions
- Own the budgeting process and systems
- Lead the annual financial statement audit and tax returns working with our external accounting consultants and auditors
- Evolve software, systems, and processes to support accounting and financial planning
- Complete ad hoc project and report requests
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (minimum).
- 7 to 10 years of finance experience and 2-5 years management experience.
- Experience with generalized enterprise level accounting/budgeting systems (Intacct a plus).
- Top-notch Excel skills and a strong overall computer competency.
- A manic attention to detail.
- An ability to think logically, work effectively and be able to juggle a variety of responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Meetup’s team is smart, ambitious, and passionate; the environment is relaxed and a lot of fun despite regular, tight deadlines. We are focused on quick, quality completion of projects and excited by what we do.
In your cover letter tell us why you want to be our Finance Director.
Meetup is the world's largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. More than 9,000 groups get together in local communities each day, each one with the goal of improving themselves or their communities. Meetup's mission is to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize. Meetup believes that people can change their personal world, or the whole world, by organizing themselves into groups that are powerful enough to make a difference.