Bright Power, a leading provider of energy management and renewable energy solutions for multifamily buildings, is looking for an experienced Full Charge Bookkeeper to join our quickly growing team. We are looking for someone who is dynamic and able to adapt to the fast-paced, exciting atmosphere of a funding-backed, rapidly expanding organization. The Full Charge Bookkeeper should have a strong background using Quickbooks and at least five years of experience managing corporate financials.
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
- Responsible for maintaining Chart of Accounts
- Make recurring monthly journal entries
- Works closely with Auditors, CPA, and Vice President of Finance to complete tasks and projects
- Support and help develop junior staff
- Monthly, quarterly, and year end close of accounts
- Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger.
- Reconciles and balance accounts, bank accounts, and petty cash.
- Compiles financial reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to the operation of the business.
- Calculates employee wages from records or time cards and prepares checks for payment of wages.
- Computes, types, and mails monthly statements to customers.
- Completes records to or through trial balance.
- Experience with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Experience implementing systems to streamline and improve financial operations and performance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preference willl be given to candidates who have successfully completed Accounting courses
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong QuickBooks skills are required
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and internet research strongly preferred
About Bright Power
Bright Power provides strategic energy solutions to building owners and operators in New York and across the nation. Specializing in multifamily apartment buildings, Bright Power’s suite of services saves clients energy, money and time. Bright Power's energy management solutions include EnergyScoreCards benchmarking software, energy audits, energy procurement, solar energy, green building, and construction management of energy improvements.