We’re currently seeking motivated, passionate college students to join our team at VFA HQ for the fall of 2015. If you’re a talented go-getter with an interest in entrepreneurship, the Venture for America internship program (#InternsforAmerica) is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience at a high-growth, mission-driven nonprofit startup.
- Are a current student at an NYC-area college or university, in any major
- Welcome challenges and responsibility; you’re an ambitious self-starter who’s reliable and conscientious
- Demonstrate next-level organizational skills and attention to detail
- Give everything 10% more than it requires, and feel there is no task too small
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills on the phone, over email, and in person
- Have strong values alignment with VFA and are excited about our mission
What you’ll do:
- Work 12-20 hours a week at our Manhattan office
- Pitch in on all major events and organizational priorities, from recruiting and selecting our next class of rock star Fellows to planning major events
- Work closely with one department at VFA (see below!) – we’ll help you determine the best fit for your interests and skill set
- Manage at least one major project that will serve as the capstone of your internship – again, we’ll help you figure this out
VFA departments hiring interns:
- The Community Growth team is responsible for building a class of the most talented, interesting, and high-character Fellows we can find by doing on-campus recruitment and marketing. We’re looking for someone to manage the logistics of the fall recruitment season, coordinate on-campus recruitment events and the Community Marketing Internship program, and help manage communications with candidates.
- The Marketing team handles everything related to the VFA brand and helps amplify our message to the right audiences. We’re looking for someone to help manage our website, blog, and social media, assist with PR efforts, and create awesome, on-brand content for VFA. Desire to pitch in on photo, video, or design work is also a huge plus!
- The Selection team runs admissions for the VFA Fellowship. We’re looking for someone to assist in the coordination of the renowned VFA admissions process, with an emphasis on preparing for and supporting the logistics of final interview days.
- The Operations team manages the internal processes that keep the VFA ship afloat. We’re looking for someone to specialize in data management and help us with data cleanup and process streamlining.
- The Programs team is responsible for the ongoing training, job support, and skill development opportunities that help transform our Fellows from newly minted college grads to value creation machines at their startups and beyond. We’re looking for someone to assist with curriculum development, plan event logistics, and drive the rollout of our Fellow mentor program.
The good stuff:
- The VFAmily. We treat our interns like VFA team members. We’ll give you lots of responsibility from day one, and you’ll have an opportunity to make a real impact on a small but growing team.
- The inside scoop. You’ll get a front row seat to the VFA Fellowship program and the recruitment and selection of our 2016 class.
- The substantive, marketable experience. Build your resume while working in a fun, friendly office culture.
- The network and expertise. We’re pros when it comes to applying and interviewing for jobs and have an extensive network of partners and supporters. If you’re great, we can be a career resource for you down the line.
- The perks. The internship is unpaid, but we offer transit reimbursement, free coffee and snacks, and frequent team lunches.
About Venture for America
Venture for America is a fellowship program for recent grads who want to learn how to build a business while making an impact. VFA Fellows get training and join a startup in an emerging US city, where they learn hands-on what it takes to build a company and become a successful entrepreneur.