Ampush engineering is looking for experienced Engineering Manager who has not only the technical chops to roll up his/her sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. You will need to have experience with a range of technologies and the ability to manage the dynamics of a fast paced environment.
Ampush helps performance marketers acquire new users, generate sales, and re-engage customers. By powering full-service ad buying, management and insights, the AMP platform makes it easy for advertisers to reach people with smarter in-feed ads on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Ampush has locations in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston and Atlanta.
- Highly technical manager who can provide leadership to a group of engineers in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Own and drive complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution.
- Facilitate the design, implementation and testing of scalable, responsive systems.
- Communicate with different stakeholders and across teams to coordinate engineering efforts.
- Have good technical practices you follow on a daily basis, and be able to clearly articulate your technical viewpoints to guide your team.
- Work closely with product management team to ensure we’re building the best products.
- Own and drive the scrums in an agile environment
Desired skills and experience:
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, including hands-on technical management.
- Experience with distributed systems and architecture.
- Exceptional coding skills in Python or related OOP languages.
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent.
- Agile methodologies (Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience working with Third Party APIs (e.g. REST) highly desirable.
- Experience working with SQL and noSQL databases
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management.
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(K) with match
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Full stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks; weekly catered lunch
- A fun and casual work environment (including a game room with ping pong table)
- Discounted gym and ZipCar memberships
Our Mission: To find innovative ways to drive growth for our customers. Our Purpose: We offer the simplest way to reach people and grow revenue with in-feed advertising on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Our fully-managed advertising solutions combine powerful software with human insights and execution to achieve business goals across the entire customer lifecycle.