What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely and drive alignment between business stakeholders and data scientists on the company’s data strategy
- Establish a product road map for our data and analytics infrastructure with a view towards high-impact incremental business value
- Oversee the design and implementation of a company-wide data engineering/BI platform
- Build a team of data engineers/BI developers while getting your hands dirty and contributing as an individual
- You and your teams have designed and implemented fast and efficient data processing using ‘big data’ processing techniques and tools (e.g. MapReduce, cloud-based parallel processing data flows). You have also implemented the latest technologies like Hadoop, NoSQL, Vertica, etc.; used scripting skills like Pig and Hive; and had virtualization experience across platforms like AWS.
- Vision: To direct your team’s focus to what matters most.
- Mentorship: You only succeed if your teammates succeed!
- Curiosity: A passion for huge, scalable systems and databases.
- Experience: You’ve managed an engineering team and you have 2+ years of data-specific engineering experience plus 3+ years of general engineering experience. Experience with BI Tools is a plus.
- Strong understanding of core architectural principles such as modularity, restorability, parallelization, and table-driven business rules.
- A good understanding of information delivery architecture, including creation of abstraction layers, SQL query paths and optimization, report-level calculations, and end user reporting architecture.
- Education: A Computer Science or related degree preferred
ZocDoc is the beginning of a better healthcare experience for millions of patients every month. Since 2007, we’ve worked to fix broken systems that get in the way of good care by uniting modern patients and doctors. It began with some bad news we’ve all heard before. After ZocDoc’s founder suffered a burst eardrum, the doctor couldn’t see him for four painful days. He was left wondering: If we could buy everything from hand soap to airfare with a swipe of the phone, why was healthcare so different? And why had we come to accept our powerlessness as patients? The idea for ZocDoc was born then, and we haven’t stopped building since. With ZocDoc, you can see doctors’ open appointment times and book instantly online – no more phone calls, and no more month-long waits. But better access to care was just the start. Trying to find a neighborhood physician who meets your needs? With ZocDoc, it’s as simple as it should be. You can also make informed choices with verified reviews, stay on top of important checkups with tailored reminders, and more. And those pesky waiting room forms? Fill them out online – just once – and you can use them over and over again. Of course, your healthcare experience probably isn’t perfect yet. That’s why ZocDoc will keep dreaming solutions up and rolling them out. But no matter what, our mission will remain the same: give power to the patient. We simply believe there’s no better way to deliver the great healthcare experience we all deserve.