What you’ll do:
- Maintain your team’s roadmap through brainstorming, execution, release, and iteration
- Work with stakeholders from the executive team, Sales, Operations, Marketing, and more to drive new products and features that directly impact the business
- Work on full stack application development at scale, using agile methodologies and A/B testing to produce measurable results
- Understand the business factors that matter most and effectively organize your team’s work around them
- Mentor your team! We need someone who makes good engineers great and great engineers even better.
- Proven success leading a team through the delivery of large, highly-visible, consumer-facing projects
- A collaborative attitude and the desire to participate in thoughtful, open debate
- The ability to build a high-performance engineering culture while handling pressure with grace and poise
- Stellar communication skills. Be ready to build consensus among contributors, executives, and everyone in between.
- The confidence, decisive leadership skills, and sound judgment to work autonomously in unfamiliar territory
ZocDoc is the beginning of a better healthcare experience for millions of patients every month. Since 2007, we’ve worked to fix broken systems that get in the way of good care by uniting modern patients and doctors. It began with some bad news we’ve all heard before. After ZocDoc’s founder suffered a burst eardrum, the doctor couldn’t see him for four painful days. He was left wondering: If we could buy everything from hand soap to airfare with a swipe of the phone, why was healthcare so different? And why had we come to accept our powerlessness as patients? The idea for ZocDoc was born then, and we haven’t stopped building since. With ZocDoc, you can see doctors’ open appointment times and book instantly online – no more phone calls, and no more month-long waits. But better access to care was just the start. Trying to find a neighborhood physician who meets your needs? With ZocDoc, it’s as simple as it should be. You can also make informed choices with verified reviews, stay on top of important checkups with tailored reminders, and more. And those pesky waiting room forms? Fill them out online – just once – and you can use them over and over again. Of course, your healthcare experience probably isn’t perfect yet. That’s why ZocDoc will keep dreaming solutions up and rolling them out. But no matter what, our mission will remain the same: give power to the patient. We simply believe there’s no better way to deliver the great healthcare experience we all deserve.