Bright Power is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, motivated person to join our team.
Energy Analysts are tasked with helping our clients understand the energy use of their buildings. The work involves client communication, report production, support of the Sales and Marketing teams, and detailed data analysis using a variety of software tools. Candidates with a bachelor degree in science, engineering or similar technical field are strongly preferred, but an equivalent level of industry experience is also accepted in certain cases. Energy Analysts are expected to be very good self-organizers and spend much of their day looking through data, communicating on the phone, and using our analysis software.
- Help our clients to find, fix and follow energy problems at their buildings.
- Help our clients maintain their energy and water data in our EnergyScoreCards online software.
- Generate periodic reports on energy usage for our clients.
- Learn about the energy efficiency industry to become the energy expert for our clients.
- Contribute to the growth of the company by coming up with creative ways to use the data and tools at our disposal.
- Must be organized and methodical as the job will entail dealing with a large amount of data across multiple projects; attention to detail is critical.
- Excellent planning, project and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and self-organizing. Must show initiative.
- Excellent data manipulation, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Good people skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel).
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment providing ideas and open feedback.
- Experience in the real estate, energy efficiency or building operations worlds.
- Science or Engineering Background, with work in Sustainability or Energy, as well as experience with data analysis.
Please send a resume, cover letter, a short writing sample (2-4 pages), and an MS Excel sample displaying data organization and simple data analysis. Applications submitted without all of these requirements will not be considered.
About Bright Power
Bright Power provides strategic energy solutions to building owners and operators in New York and across the nation. Specializing in multifamily apartment buildings, Bright Power’s suite of services saves clients energy, money and time. Bright Power's energy management solutions include EnergyScoreCards benchmarking software, energy audits, energy procurement, solar energy, green building, and construction management of energy improvements.