The Security Engineer will be report to the Director of IT. The primary responsibilities of this newly created roll role are executing Emmi security initiatives, responding to client inquiries and audit requests, and advancing Emmi’s security profile. Position is intended as a gateway to the HIPAA Security Officer role.
- Conduct technical scans and penetration tests on Emmi’s network and server assets
- Recommend changes and updates to our infrastructure based on testing, observation, and best practices
- Manage third party auditors through annual audits
- Ability to wWork independently and manage projects
- Review logs and SIEM system alerts for anomalous behavior
- Enhance logging and threat detection infrastructure
- Update on-boarding / off-boarding processes and procedures and verify they are being followed with IT team
- Stay current on security processes and policy items as dictated by the industry and threats to our organization.
- Educating employees on security policy and practices via security reminders, training sessions, and on-line materials
- Perform a regular review of system access rights
- Provider oversight and audit firewall configurations and changes
- Purging data and enforcing records retention periods
- Respond to client security assessment questionnaires and audit requests
- Conduct vendor security audits and document findings
- Stay current with HIPAA regulations and best practices
- Plan and tTrack and plan the activities of the Emmi Security Team
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA standards within the organization
- CISSP or equivalent
- 6+ years of systems, network, and/or security experience
- Experience working in a regulated industry such assubject to HIPAA, SOX, PCI, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Internet protocols
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Linux and/or other Unix based systems
- Strong networking skills
- Systems programming in Perl/Python/Shell/VB
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on deadline and communicate effectively with management and end users
Our benefits package includes a comprehensive health insurance plan (medical, dental, vision), financial planning and safeguarding (401K, disability, life insurance), and plenty of vacation to relax and recharge.