InteraXon is enjoying rapid growth with our first consumer product Muse: the brain sensing headband in the US and Canada. We’re looking to bring on a full time Electrical Engineer who appreciates a dynamic, fun and creative atmosphere.
As an Electrical Engineer at InterAxon you be involved in all aspects of the design and manufacturing of the electronics inside Muse. We’re looking for someone who possesses demonstrated expertise in integrated, low-power electrical design within a consumer electronics development environment. You are a dynamic electrical hardware designer with a background in low-power embedded, analog, and preferably wearable, electronics.
This opportunity is a fit if you possess:
- Low-power (milli-amp) design expertise
- Schematic capture and board layout
- Hands-on experience with typical test equipment: oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Ability to provide layout guidelines for PCB engineering teams, including signal integrity and RF layout instructions
- Mixed-signal electronics design, with competency/expertise in both analog and digital design
- Knowledge and expertise in signal processing and sensor subsystems, including analog front-end design and validation
- Vast knowledge of embedded microcontroller (16/32-bit) product landscape, such as ARM Cortex-M0/3/4 devices
- Experience in RF/wireless design for low-power wireless protocols including Bluetooth and Bluetooth Smart (BTLE)
- Ability to firmly understand and articulate HW/FW/ME design trade-offs
- Working with on-shore and overseas electronics manufacturing partners
- Experience with a variety of embedded electronics communication protocols including SPI, USB, I2C, UART.
- Design for manufacturability in electronics
- Compliance and regulatory experience
- High-volume consumer electronics design
- Experience with high-volume NPI (new product introduction) overseeing line bringup, line flow, test limits, and end-to-end electrical/electronics quality management
- Some experience in embedded microcontroller programming (16/32-bit) ideal
- FDA/Medical device experience would be a differentiator
- BS/MS in Electrical, Computer, or Electronics Engineering
- Excellent diagnostic, problem solving and idea generation skills
- Minimum 2 years of post-degree work experience in electrical/electronics design engineering.
- Demonstrated hands-on, recent experience with consumer product development and/or medical device development
- Outstanding communication skills with demonstrated ability to problem-solve as part of a team
- A passion for high-quality products, with a laser focus on quality and experience for the consumer
- 30-50% travel to China may be required during certain phases of product development
Benefits & Perks
- Health benefits package
- Stock options
- Be part of a tight-knit, trusting, authentic, joyful, lively, and human-focused team
- Interact with computers with your mind!!
- Random and fun events, including weekly yoga
- Rooftop patio with BBQ!
If this sounds like your dream job tell us why you’re interested in working at InteraXon. A cover letter is required — we want to know what motivates you to choose InteraXon as a place to work!
InteraXon has recently launched "Muse: the brain sensing headband" and it's companion mobile app "Muse Calm" into the consumer marketplace. Our mission is to create engaging and meaningful experiences based on brain sensing technology -- apps that help people live healthier and happier lives. We design, engineer, and implement these systems in-house from the ground up with our robust, agile, and diverse team. Our work environment behind-the-scenes reflects the core values that drive every product InteraXon builds.Our work has been featured in global press including Forbes, the New York Times, and TechCrunch, and has won awards across the industry. Interaxon is a private company and is a venture capital funded. We are in the process of scaling up our team to accommodate the rapid market adoption of our product and bring new innovations to our customers.