The great part of it? An amazing community of awesome people.
The problem? Logistics.
Help us organize awesome people. Help us find them, set them up for their first day, evaluate them regularly and introduce them to one another. Maybe most importantly, help us innovate our own approach to recruiting these spectacular altruistic beings, because a healthy, connected & happy group of teachers is the most important factor in the success of the entire organization.
We don’t want to oversell the team you will be working with here (so cliche), so let’s just say they are pretty, pretty, prettttty good. We look for people who don’t just want to do their job, but want to improve it every day. Don’t like talking Politics, religion, gender equality or insect documentaries? That’s okay. We only like to talk about 3 of those 4 anyways.
If you are interested in this job, we will expect you have most of these qualities:
- Organized (Ideally 1-2 years of something that required administrative work)
- Collaborates well
- Recruiting skills (Ideally 1-2 years of HR or recruiting experience)
- Good communicator
- Can prioritize well
- Love community
- Not temperamental
- Good problem solver
- Good evaluator
If you are curious what your job will entail, here is most of what you will be doing:
- Recruiting and onboarding new teachers & mentors
- Evaluating teachers & mentors
- Receiving feedback on the program from students
- Delivering feedback to the appropriate people and channels
- Teacher & Mentor Scheduling
- Being an ear for complaints and obstacles for teachers
- Organizing all official documentation to students
- Organizing all official documentation for teachers
- Organizing training sessions for teachers and mentors
- Building our teachers community by organizing meetups & fun activities for teachers & mentors
About Lighthouse Labs
Lighthouse Labs is Canada's top developer bootcamp. Based in Vancouver, we offer full-time Web Development and Mobile (iOS) Development programs