Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement massively scalable backend system tying in postgres, rails and redis
- Design and implement frameworks connecting our global CDN network to our backend infrastructure
- Build out new reports and analytics for our customer facing, rails-based portal
- Help our data science team scale our business analytics and collection abilities
- Help train and mentor junior developers
- Must be a US citizen.
- 5+ years experience, preferably with an accompanying wizard’s beard
- Experience coaching junior developers
- Comfortable with a Debian/Ubuntu environment
- Experience developing in an Agile environment
Bonus Points For:
- An understanding of Networking beyond “restart your router”
- Familiarity with AWS, its quirks and gotcha’s.
- You’re comfortable thinking in terms of large scale
What’s In It For You:
- Be inspired by geniuses, loveable lunatics, over-achievers, the full gamut. Have your game of witty comebacks fine-tuned.
- Impressive compensation with generous salary and equity
- Dual 27-inch Displays
- Developer-Class Macbook Pro Retina
- Conference Allowance
- Mind Bending Technical Challenges
- Fully paid health care, dental and vision insurance for you, generous contribution towards family plans
- Flexible work schedule: Paid holidays/ unlimited vacation policy
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks galore!
- Friday catered lunches, Happy Hours and other awesome company competitions/events – we took the whole company to SXSW last year.
About Distil Networks
Since 2011, Distil has been making the web more secure by blocking malicious bots and automated computer programs from attacking websites. We save our clients money and time while improving SEO strength and accelerating the end-users experience. Successfully raising $10M in funding, we are committed to investing in product development and talented industry professionals.