At Schoology, we’re helping millions of the users around the world to improve student outcomes. In fact, we’re the day-to-day platform that people use to access or create their academic information. For us to be the most effective platform, we need to play well with others and integrate seamlessly into an institution’s infrastructure. This generally involves a number of systems and processes that may be already existing – from Single Sign-On to information provisioning to bidirectional data flows. These are sometimes complex scenarios that require our team to engage early on in the sales process in order to help our customers clearly see how we will make them successful. Our organization is then responsible for delivering on that technical vision as part of our customer implementation process where the goal is to take our customers from zero to successful quickly and efficiently.
As the Director of Solutions Architecture / Sales Engineering, you will lead the team that is responsible for helping customers and prospects understand and implement the technical integrations customers need in order to successfully adopt Schoology. To be successful in this role, you will need to collaborate closely with our Sales and On Boarding teams and will own the overall strategy for pre-sales technical support and post-sales technical implementation services. You will be an integral leader for our Customer Success team and we will look to you to help our organization evolve our processes and scale the organization in order to service our rapidly growing customer base efficiently.
You will also be responsible for:
- Retaining and growing a team of talented and motivated Sales Engineers and Solutions Engineers
- Cultivating a culture of delivering superior solutions in order to maintain happy and satisfied customers
- Managing the project plans and staff allocations for the technical portion of onboarding projects
- Providing rational estimates prior to engagement in order to support the sales organization in pricing custom integration work
- Analyzing clients’ technical requirements and determining the best practices needed for them to achieve positive outcomes
- Managing integration processes to internal customer systems and databases
- Develop scalable integration strategies to third party tools that customers derive value from
- Working closely with the Product Engineering team to design and implement strategies for provisioning data between Schoology and other databases using APIs or ETL processes
To succeed in this position, you must be a self-starter who can multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision. Your qualifications include:
- Expert knowledge of managing large-scale data integration projects, with a heavy emphasis on ETL
- Database design and architecture skills, with specific knowledge in at least one of the following (Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL). You will be expected to be “hands-on,” from a software architecture standpoint.
- Expert knowledge of systems integration technologies ranging from real time web services calls using RESTful JSON, SOAP or other RPC based approaches to asynchronous message based approaches.
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly understand complex systems, data, and integration methods
- Proven experience to influence and coordinate internal resources across teams
- Experience in building and growing a team
- Strong consulting skills and background in project management experience
- Experience supporting customers with technical challenges from pre-sales efforts through post-sale implementations
- Experience managing projects with multiple milestones achieved by teams rather than individuals
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
Bonus points for:
- Experience with SSO integrations leveraging technologies and standards like SAML, Active Directory, LDAP, etc.
- Experience working at a SaaS company
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with BI/Data Analytics tools
Schoology is the education technology company transforming the learning process by engaging educators, students and advisors with a more personalized, collaborative experience. More than nine million people from 60,000 K-12 schools and universities around the world use Schoology to transform how they teach and learn.