At Bitly, we are very proud of our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with our vision, mission and values.
It is our mission to inspire people to better understand the world around them. Our vision is to empower marketers to make better decisions by providing insight into the connected world.
- >(!=) Greater than, not equal to. We strive for excellence in all we do. We care.
- Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world.
- Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen.
- This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners.
- RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build.
The Director of Sales Operations (DSO) manages support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota management and reporting, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation and sales compensation design and administration.
The DSO is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, the DSO also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization supported.
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the firm.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data.
- Coordinates training delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the sales organization supported.
- Provides input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Works with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources; providing assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.