As Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities for your products. You will craft the messaging and positioning for products. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. In your role as a Product Marketing Manager, you will be the expert in buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria, and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel.
- Product Positioning – understand all the Datto product lines and competing alternatives in order to develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market
- Sales Enablement – ability to analyze the market landscape and communicate the value proposition of our products to the sales teams. Develop sales and training collateral and tools to support the selling process of our products
- Product Launch – plan and execute strategy for product launches and new releases by managing cross functional implementation plans
- Market Intelligence – be an expert on your buyers, how they buy and their criteria for making a purchase. Be the expert on your competition and how to position us effectively against their offerings thought product collateral and tools.
- 7 -10+ years of product marketing experience in B2B technology with at least 2 years experience in a field facing role
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Very strong written communication skills
- Willing to travel 25%
Here at Datto our people are our greatest asset, which is why we offer a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Above and beyond the typical medical, dental and vision, we also offer a generous 401k plan with a significant employer match, unlimited paid time off, educational reimbursement, fitness reimbursement, and travel subsidies for commuters. We have a patent rewards program and various other fun perks and fringe benefits, including free lunch every Friday in all of our offices globally.
Datto® is the leading provider of comprehensive data backup, recovery and business continuity solutions with over five million customers and 8,000 partners worldwide. With its Total Data Protection Platform business data is protected everywhere it resides, whether on premise, in virtualized environments, in the cloud, and software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications including Salesforce, Google Apps, and more. Datto stores over 100 petabytes of cloud data worldwide for businesses ranging from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. Datto’s core technologies such as instant virtualization, Screenshot Backup Verification™, Inverse Chain Technology™, Backup Insights™, and end-to-end encryption are the cornerstones of its innovative solutions. Industry firsts also include 24/7/365 in-house tech support, white glove customer success support, and time-based cloud retention, that empowers its partners with predictable cloud billing. The Datto product line consists of the Datto SIRIS Family, Datto ALTO Family, Datto NAS and Datto Backupify.