What would you do if you were to lead the marketing team for one of Canada’s fastest growing tech companies? A dream job for any ambitious marketer, EventMobi has all the right ingredients from being a global brand, a leading edge product with an intense user satisfaction, growing demand globally, along with a type-A, young and passionate team that continues to push the limits of what’s possible! And we need you to take our brand, build and grow the marketing team, engage our existing clients and put our lead gen on steroid from all sources.
Ideally you have 9-12 years of marketing and business development experience, with strong analytical and result driven approach to digital marketing; with at least 3 of those years managing a marketing team in a forward thinking, tech-obsessed organization.
EventMobi has a multi-faceted approach to marketing with strong focus on inbound and referral lead gen. From exhibiting at tradeshows and running our own roadshows to meeting clients face-to-face, to SEO, PPC and smart drip marketing campaigns; our overall marketing approach is focused on educating clients rather than just brand advertising. As EventMobi’s Director of Marketing, you will report directly to the CEO and manage a talented and passionate team of designers, content writers, CRM and Marketing Automation experts as they collaborate, develop and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy for EventMobi that fits our overall product release roadmap. The ultimate goal is to both engage our existing client base and leverage measurable and effective marketing campaigns to generate new leads from all online, offline and social channels.
We need you to have:
- At least 9 to 12 years marketing experience including 3 years management of staff
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing strategy; specifically in the technology, event management and/or hospitality sector
- Be tech savvy, result driven, automation obsessed and analytical
- Understand the value of events and conferences, and how they relate to corporate and marketing objectives for associations and corporate market segments
- Strong understanding of the different stages of marketing and sales funnel, conversion rates, and lead scoring process
- Experienced in SEO, SEM, retargeting and understanding all corners of Google Analytics
- Comfortable implementing CRM, Marketing Automation, Advocate Marketing and Customer Success tools like Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot, Salesforce, Gainsight and Influitive
- Experience with A/B testing tools and content/design strategies to improve CTR for website, landings pages, and ads
- Excels at writing press releases, making presentations, and negotiating with media
- Strong creative, strategic-thinking, analytical, organizational, and personal skills
- Oversee the production of print materials and publications, and video production
- Ability to function with a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Passionate about your work and developing your team, be empathetic and enjoy an environment where collaboration, honesty, and transparency are highly valued
What You Will be Doing:
- Champion the EventMobi overall marketing & communication strategy, both internally and externally
- Manage, mentor and grow the marketing team across the board (Content, Graphics Design, Education, Industry Relations, Competitive Analysis, PR, Social, SEO/SEM, Website, tradeshows & events, CRM & Marketing Automation) as well as an international expansion as it relates to marketing
- Support and foster career development of junior staff; manage the group workload and identify staffing requirements
- Facilitate quarterly marketing planning with key business units and annual strategic planning organization-wide.
- Monitor and report on marketing cost and expenses, ROI, working metrics and KPIs to management team and CEO.
- Take ultimate accountability for CAC, total lead gen, conversion metric and new business revenue cost.
- Manage wide-array of contractors, technology tools including negotiating rates and project scope plus deliverables
- Continuously challenge the status quo, think outside the box, and provide stimulus for creative and innovative solutions.
- Clearly and effectively delegate deliverables to team members and monitors progress; set and continually manage expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Understand and identify all possible online and offline lead source opportunities for the event industry and be able to prioritize campaigns to target each separately
What you will get From EventMobi:
- An experience of a life-time taking working with young, passionate and a diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help.
- An environment that is both fast-paced and fun. A completely transparent, open, and collaborative culture.
- Competitive salary, bonus structure, stock option, health benefit coverage, company retreats (previous years we hit Costa Rica and Iceland)
- Commitment to healthy employee life style, weekly boot-camps along with a stationary-bike & a treadmill hooked-up to standup desks at the office ! Who says staying fit is hard
- A beautiful open brick & beam office in downtown Toronto with lots of different rooms to hangout.
- Free breakfast, discounted lunch program and ‘healthy’ snacks with random yogurt days, juice days, fruit & veggie days, bagel days but we also love our cake and ice-cream days!
- Fancy espresso machines, Ping Pong table, Xbox and Kinect when you have too much energy and a nap-room when you are tired.
- The ability to try new things, fail and learn, and be as creative you can be. But most importantly EventMobi is a place where you will be encouraged to learn everyday in order to enhance your skillset and expertise and grow as a professional in your field.
- Relocation assistance is offered for those out of province
EventMobi makes it easy for planners to create custom registration and event apps for meetings, conferences and events. Fully integrated in the event app, attendees can send messages to each other, create their own schedules, vote on live polls, download presentation slides & more!