Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 10 million users across the world. We have redefined the learning management system to make online education a community effort between the students, the teachers and the parents.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We need smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren’t afraid to show it.
As the Director of Customer Support, you will lead the team that is responsible for effective customer support for all internal and external Schoology customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as team members within the Customer Support team. You will be an integral leader for our Customer Success team and we will look to you to help our organization evolve our processes and scale the organization in order to service our rapidly growing customer base efficiently.
You will also be responsible for:
- Retaining and growing a team of talented and motivated Customer Support Specialists and Support Engineers.
- Cultivating a culture of delivering superior solutions in order to maintain happy and satisfied customers.
- Developing and implementing procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the Customer Support team.
- Monitoring programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining in-depth working knowledge of Schoology systems and processes.
- Setting performance standards to meet service goals of the company.
- Measuring Customer Support Representatives’ performance and makes employment decisions.
- Providing feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Providing feedback to Operations team to ensure all customers have accurate and timely information on order status and/or changes.
To succeed in this position, you must be a self-starter who can multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision. Your qualifications include:
- Minimum 5 years in a management role of a client-facing team at a SaaS enterprise company.
- Experience building a global customer support infrastructure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Patience to deal with complex issues
- Quick decision-making skills to escalate issues when necessary
- Experience in employee training and development
Schoology is the education technology company transforming the learning process by engaging educators, students and advisors with a more personalized, collaborative experience. More than nine million people from 60,000 K-12 schools and universities around the world use Schoology to transform how they teach and learn.