One of New York’s fastest-growing and most innovative tech companies is seeking a passionate leader to develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy. This is a highly visible position in a dynamic, fast-paced, and creative environment. Candidates should have extensive storytelling experience, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to manage a complex range of initiatives across the organization, including product innovations, development of a tech brand, strategic partnerships, and investor relations. The Director of Communications will oversee all internal and external communications and contribute to Movable Ink’s brand position and successful achievement of its business goals.
Responsibilities of the Director of Communications:
- Create a best-in-class communications organization to inform and engage Movable Ink’s constituents
- Put a spotlight on the Company’s role as an innovative leader and valuable technology company for brands and digital marketers
- Work with the CEO and senior management team to translate vision into a communications and thought leadership strategy
- Establish strong relationships with key journalists, influential bloggers, industry professionals and other leading opinion-makers
- Be primary executive counselor on communications matters. Guide, oversee and prepare executives and employees who are representing Company
- Develop creative communications strategies that drive revenue and lead to key partnerships, sponsorships and opportunities for the Movable Ink brand
- Work closely with our Product, Tech, and Customer Success teams to uncover stories and generate positive and substantial coverage among target media segments
- Lead the implementation of a global employee communications platform designed to create clarity and excitement about the direction of the Company. Transparency and consistency of communication with employees will be absolutely critical.
Basic Responsibilities Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years’s experience in Communications and/or Public Relations
- 2+ years’ experience with multiple communications channels – from traditional PR to new, emerging ‘owned’ and social platforms
- Proven ability to create communications strategies that drive the business and meet financial objectives
- Proven experience developing relationships with news media and other influencers within high-impact networks and communities
- Experience in a technology-driven startup in the SaaS or digital marketing space
- Is both a team player and team builder who can excel in a fast-paced environment where excellence is rewarded
- Brings an innate understanding of entrepreneurial/technology business culture, a creative spark and fresh thinking to this post
- An upbeat, charismatic executive that possesses very strong communications and interpersonal skills
About Movable Ink
Founded in 2010, Movable Ink develops and applies new technologies to make e-mail marketing more dynamic, more creative and more rewarding for consumers. We're one of the fastest growing start-ups in NYC and we're setting our sights even higher. If you are passionate about innovation, a work environment where everyone contributes and is invited to take on an entrepreneurial role, as well as interested in developing professionally while having fun – Movable Ink is definitely the right fit for you. We're looking for passionate, dedicated individuals, and mostly the curious to help take Movable Ink to the next level. As an innovation driven company – we like to move fast, disrupt the status quo, work with cool technology to do big things and generally set the world on fire.