Conductor seeks a driven and talented candidate to lead new initiatives in Business Intelligence and analytics. As the Director, Business Intelligence, you will impact and influence all levels of the organization, from the executive team to individual contributors. This role will have the opportunity and responsibility to extract meaningful data-backed insight from our customers and prospects as they use our SaaS B2B product, and interact with all customer-facing departments at Conductor, including sales, marketing, and customer success.
A successful candidate will enable Conductor to better define, forecast, track, and achieve KPI targets that significantly affect the company’s success.
- Ensure that all necessary customer usage data can be collected from Searchlight, our B2B SaaS product. This will require technical knowledge about web-application and server-side analytics and coordination with our product and technology teams.
- Ensure that all necessary information about customers and prospects can be gathered from all customer-facing departments and the business information products they use to record customer and prospect interactions. This will require knowledge of common applications like Salesforce and Marketo that are commonly used by our sales, customer success, and marketing departments as well as mechanisms for integrating with them.
- Define, create, and maintain a single repository for all customer and prospect usage and interaction data that can be used to generate both recurring and ad hoc reports; discover patterns in usage data that can explain and forecast leading indicators of new revenue, upsells, and renewals; and alert on deviations from targets or historical trends.
- Define and deliver compelling cross-dataset analyses and visualizations that help the executive team and other team leads understand both the qualitative and quantitative picture of our customer and prospect experience.
- Empower individual departments to run their own data analysis to discover trends and insights that are relevant to each department’s KPIs. The success of this role will be judged in part on the degree to which the organization can function in a self-service manner regarding analysis of customer usage and interaction data.
- Manage organizational expectations around this function, set and communicate the vision for this initiative, and communicate and execute against plans to achieve objectives.
- MS or BS degree emphasizing quantitative analysis of large data sets, such as Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, or the physical sciences
- 3-5 years experience implementing business intelligence solutions.
Proficient in data analysis tools capable of giving statistical insight on large datasets and gathering and importing those datasets.
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL and Excel
- Ability to communicate complex analysis clearly and succinctly to non-technical users in terms of impact on business KPIs such as renewal rates, new revenue, and revenue distribution across customer segments.
- Ability to work independently, set goals that are aligned with organizational priorities, independently learn new techniques and technologies, and deliver on promised deadlines.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Domo, or Pentaho.
- Hands-on experience in at least one statistical programming environment such as R, SAS, or Matlab.
- Understanding of the online marketing software space or B2B SaaS products is a plus.
At Conductor, we’re passionate about providing our customers with the best possible web presence solutions, technology, and support. It’s a responsibility that sits on the shoulders of each team member. But that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun doing it! Our open office atmosphere is always buzzing with activity. At Conductor, our company culture is rooted in collaboration and innovation. We thrive off feedback, take pride in speaking our minds, and are focused on building a successful company that makes a global impact. Founded in 2010, Conductor continues to grow rapidly. If you’re interested in working for a company that’s all about great people and great technology, we want to talk to you. We believe that great companies have incredible potential and opportunity to scale and grow in a significant way. We believe that great search agencies play a valuable role in the ecosystem. We believe that SEO people are important, relevant, and deserve powerful roles in their companies. We believe that by helping you, we are helping everyone find what they are looking for easier and faster, and this makes the Internet a better place. We believe that SEO is fundamentally a business process and should be on the minds and goals of all your employees. We believe we can help you get closer to this goal with a solution that unlocks incredible ways to scale, discover opportunities and measure your success.