Responsibilities and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of and practical experience with successful sales process methodologies and tools (forecasting, quoting, CRM, etc).
- Strong business development and relationship building skills.
- Seasoned professional with proven network of professional contacts at the highest level.
- Ability to clearly articulate the future of rail distribution, from both the supply and distributions sides. Candidate will need to be able to sell a vision, as this is a new product & concept within the rail industry.
- Highly analytical – the ability to define the market size & opportunity, build pricing models, and build detailed projections.
- Politically astute, understands the context in which the industry exists; Familiar with EU workings and mandates; Familiar with Public-private institutions such as passenger rail operating companies.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Europe
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Experience working at and/or with a European high-speed passenger rail carrier in the reservation or distribution technology teams or the sales, distribution, web/internet or revenue management business units. Similar experience with Airlines also valuable.
- Background with a “next generation” travel business or travel technology business is a plus (ie ITA Software, Expedia etc). It’s important that the individual understand new business models.
- Extensive ecommerce experience – and familiarity with ecommerce / e-marketing metrics and their management – is highly desirable.
- Sales/Negotiation/Influencing skills – partner negotiation is a vital skill in the business to grow into new markets, sell in new functionality/features.
- People management / relationship / communication skills – the role is very client facing, involving client contact in negotiation and on-going partner contact
- Confident, driven and dynamic leader.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with the ability to operate in a fast moving dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills including presentation abilities (development and delivery).
- Fluency in English and French required; other European languages a bonus, Spanish, Italian, German.
- Self Driven – Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously and under deadline.
- Inspiring Trust – Maintains high standards of personal integrity; behaves in accord with expressed beliefs and commitments; establishes open, candid, and trusting relationships; treats others fairly and consistently; collaborates as a team player; never undermines others for own gain.
- Driving Execution – Uses benchmarks and performance measures to track progress; tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay; drives continuous improvement in all organisation processes and products.
- High Impact Communications and Influencing/Negotiating – Creates open channels of communication; keeps others well informed; listens carefully to input and feedback and encourages others to express contrary views; builds confidence and inspires support through a convincing communications style; promotes and sells ideas persuasively; shapes the opinion of key stakeholders; promotes and projects a positive image of the organisation; wins acceptance for proposed changes & new initiatives; works through conflicts to create win/win results; negotiates skillfully to get the best deal possible.
About SilverRail Tech
SilverRail is a transformative technology business with a mission to make global rail available, affordable and accessible. The first rail revolution set the world in motion, heralding an era of connectivity, commerce and progress. The second revolution is digital, and SilverRail is at the helm. SilverCore is the first unified platform for global rail, connecting global rail carriers with the worldwide ecosystem of travel distributors & retailers. SilverRail is set to unlock the global rail renaissance and see rail reshape short and medium haul travel forever. Today, our growing team of travel and e-commerce experts, mathematicians and software engineers work out of offices in London, Boston, Brisbane and Stockholm.