- Run a structured sales process involving key individuals in the SilverRail and prospects business to facilitate the sales cycle.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meeting potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up and lead meetings between client decision makers and company’s product/technical teams.
- Network across multiple touch points within each organisation to ensure key influences are supports of the SilverRail solution and model.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM Salesforce.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure collateral is effective and compelling.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
- Mastery of detail – at any given time there are dozens of client issues to be solved (whether technical, commercial or legal), and an ability to stay on top of this complexity (while not losing sight of the strategic / financial aims of the business) is very valuable. Strong analytical skills are required in the role, given the complexity of the business.
- Extensive ecommerce experience – and familiarity with ecommerce / e-marketing metrics and their management – is highly desirable.
- Sales/Negotiation/Influencing skills – partner negotiation is a vital skill in the business to grow into new markets, sell in new functionality/features.
- B2B Exposure – Experience of B2B organisations driven by account management & sales management processes and metrics will be of benefit to the successful candidate
- A bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience. An MBA is a bonus.
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
- Self Driven – Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously and under deadline.
- Inspiring Trust – Maintains high standards of personal integrity; behaves in accord with expressed beliefs and commitments; establishes open, candid, and trusting relationships; treats others fairly and consistently; collaborates as a team player; never undermines others for own gain.
- Driving Execution – Uses benchmarks and performance measures to track progress; tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay; drives continuous improvement in all organisation processes and products.
- High Impact Communications and Influencing/Negotiating – Creates open channels of communication; keeps others well informed; listens carefully to input and feedback and encourages others to express contrary views; builds confidence and inspires support through a convincing communications style; promotes and sells ideas persuasively; shapes the opinion of key stakeholders; promotes and projects a positive image of the organisation; wins acceptance for proposed changes & new initiatives; works through conflicts to create win/win results; negotiates skilfully to get the best deal possible.
About SilverRail Tech
SilverRail is a transformative technology business with a mission to make global rail available, affordable and accessible. The first rail revolution set the world in motion, heralding an era of connectivity, commerce and progress. The second revolution is digital, and SilverRail is at the helm. SilverCore is the first unified platform for global rail, connecting global rail carriers with the worldwide ecosystem of travel distributors & retailers. SilverRail is set to unlock the global rail renaissance and see rail reshape short and medium haul travel forever. Today, our growing team of travel and e-commerce experts, mathematicians and software engineers work out of offices in London, Boston, Brisbane and Stockholm.