DialogTech, the leader in voice-based marketing automation (VBMA), manages, measures and automates voice conversations for businesses and organizations. DialogTech’s VBMA solutions capture and manage phone leads and information that often slip through the cracks of traditional marketing automation and CRM software solutions. Here, along with some of the smartest people in the city, you will help us grow our products and infrastructure to meet our rapidly expanding customer base.
Be a part of a team pushing the boundaries of web technology to provide VOIP infrastructure and online services at scale. We process 10’s millions of minutes a month, across our own datacenter and cloud infrastructures. From helping to build out our API to helping our customers make sense of the massive amounts of data generated by their phone calls, at DialogTech we have no shortage of challenges and opportunities.
The Data (SQL) Analyst will work with our finance, accounting and sales organizations to extract and organize data from our production MySQL databases. The Data (SQL) Analyst must have strong SQL query skills and the ability to create sophisticated queries with complex joins.
As the intermediary between our production engineering team and our business leaders, the Data (SQL) Analyst will need the skills to understand a complex MySQL database as described by engineering and extract and convert the necessary data into a format appropriate for consumption by our business leaders. The Data (SQL) Analyst needs to be able to address issues of data migration such as validation, cleanup, and mapping. They must also have in depth expertise with data security, data standards, familiarity with storage solutions, database virtualization and replication as well as other complex technical tools and solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with business leads to understand their data needs
- Work with engineering to locate and extract the appropriate data. This is a hands-on activity and will require the Data (SQL) Analyst to use SQL Query tools, Excel, data reporting and other tools to extract and reformat the data.
- Create SQL queries; often complex including many joins, that can be used monthly to extract key data.
- Document the data extraction queries and the interpretation of all data fields.
- Combine data from Salesforce with data extracted from production systems.
- Develop roadmaps and strategies for business leader data usage across DialogTech
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong data modeling experience MySQL databases. In depth understanding of relational database development including the ability to design, write and tune SQL queries on large database systems
- Experience in data modeling, requirements definition and data reporting
- Expert knowledge of normalized modeling and big data analysis techniques
- Experience with various data mining methods
- Minimum of 5 years experience architecting large scale databases using MySQL in development and production environments
- Excellent SQL skills and demonstrated ability to write complex SQL for purposes of analyzing data and/or evaluating how information needs might be translated into back end database structures
- Ability to prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
Please note: this is a contract position.