About the Gig
We’re looking for a hardcore dev ops engineer to help support our cutting edge education platform that students all over the world use in class. You will manage scalable and maintainable infrastructure for running the Top Hat platform. This includes multiple production and test environments on AWS and standard linux systems. You’ll have the ability to leverage productivity of the team and platform, security and/or automation is your middle name(s). The devops role ensures that the system is performing well and developers have the right systems (backups, monitoring, logging) and tools (deploy scripts) to focus on building great software.
- At least a few years of development experience under your belt.
- Ability to manage scable and maintainable infrastructure.
- Serious linux chops.
- You enjoy working and deploying technologies.
- Experience with managing databases, slaves, and backups.
- Experience writing deployment scripts
- Logging and problem detection strategies
- Experience with monitoring servers and services, you are always thinking security.
- Understands the entire development process and tools required to make developers highly productive.
About Top Hat
Top Hat is a high-growth education technology company; we provide tools to make teaching more interactive, fun and engaging. Top Hat helps professors make every lecture count by transforming mobile devices into powerful classroom engagement tools.
The fabulous life on the Top Hat engineering team comes with other sweet perks too.
- We have hack-a-thons, where developers get to spend time working on ideas they are passionate about.
- There’s also lots of free deliciousness. What’s up catered Lunch, Breakfast and unlimited and drinks? Oh, and did we mention StarCraft throw-downs at lunch?
- located at College subway station, with subsidized metro pass
- Outstanding company culture, with a team that is super smart, highly motivated & stoked to be a part of a company that is changing the face of education.
- Our investors’ portfolio companies include Salesforce, Yammer & box.net. We’re in good hands and in good company.
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- We are looking for people who want to grow with us and are in it for the long haul.
- We are one of the top education technology companies in North America (named one of the Top 50 Companies to Watch by Deloitte Consulting)
- You can dress at your leisure (as long as you are fine with the engineering traditions of Plaid Tuesdays and Tip Top Fridays!)