Here are the numbers: bookoos of videos, tens of millions of users, thousands of requests a second, monthly uniques above 160 million. Wanna help keep all that running?
In this exciting new role, we’re looking for someone who has a passion for automating the daily tasks that slow down development and exploring new ways to improve the environment. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll work closely with developers to provision and explore new systems, eliminate downtime, deploy new releases, and support engineering efforts. You’ll be instrumental in building the best video streaming experience on the net, and you’ll get to work in a great atmosphere with an incredible team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for reliability and performance of either vimeo.com or the transcoding pipeline
- Develop and design tools to instrument and alert on problems
- Troubleshoot issues with hardware, software, applications and network
- Work with developers to plan feature launches and testing procedures
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of experience with Linux
- Experience working with web servers, load balancing, CDNs
- Experience working with databases and caching systems
- Knowledge of cloud providers (AWS, Google Compute)
- Knowledge of network protocols, especially TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS, SSL
- Knowledge of monitoring and trending applications
- DevOps tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
Vimeo is the high-quality home for videos and the people who love them. Our mission is to empower and inspire people around the world to create, discover, share, and even sell their videos — minus the interruptive advertising. We also aim to build the best tools in existence for professional video creators, including our completely open VOD platform. Vimeo is one of the world’s largest creative networks; we have over 40 million registered members and reach a global audience of more than 160 million each month. We’d love to welcome you to both our team, and our community.