The Opportunity: We’ve spent 15 years focused on building a transparent and collaborative culture and are looking to combine high caliber talent from outside the organization with a great group of existing leaders. New customer contracts, industry-leading client satisfaction, continuous profitability and increased capital investment in our Data Capture and Business Analytics Platforms have set our company up for exponential expansion over the next 5 years. If you’re someone with marketing automation or software services experience and are ready to join an award-winning, innovative company, we have a dynamic and passionate team that would like to meet you.
What we’re looking for: We are seeking a talented MySQL DBA / System Administrator with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our expanding team. He/she will provide technical vision and leadership for our database infrastructure as well as help support our Rackspace environment. This role will also play a key role in initiatives for data privacy and data security.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and collaborative environment.
- Enjoys new challenges and the opportunity to have a large impact on client deliverables.
- Prior experience in a smaller or fast-growth environment.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Previous experience with marketing or consumer data a plus.
In this role, you will:
- Monitor and optimize transaction and data warehouse databases for efficient data delivery.
- Ensure peak performance of all database systems to meet ever-increasing demand for our services.
- Manage data-related technology projects.
- Provide system administration support for Red Hat /CentOS Linux web and application servers.
Technologies you will work with:
- MySQL RDBMS (transactional databases and data warehouse)
- Red Hat/CentOS Linux web and application server experience
- Experience with Rackspace and virtual machine management, a plus
- Pentaho Data Integration (for ETL) and Python scripting experience, a plus
You must have:
- At least 5 years of database experience, including database administration, SQL development, query optimization, and schema design.
- Experience with large scale implementations of open source database servers including MySQL.
- Knowledge of replication, partitioning, sharding, and techniques for high availability.
- Experience designing and implementing Relational, Star and Snowflake schemas.
- Advanced SQL skills.
- At least 5 years experience managing database, web and application servers on Red Hat/CentOS Linux
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tools such as Information Builders WebFOCUS or Microstrategy, a definite plus
- Experience evaluating database solutions, including Big Data and NoSQL options, desired
- Experience recommending and implementing architecture changes leading to measurable improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience.
Our Core Values:
- Change: Continuous reinvention.
- Passion: Never give up, never give in.
- Discipline: You can’t manage what you can’t measure.
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, eshots is the leading event intelligence platform in the experiential marketing industry. We help our clients set and benchmark event strategies, maximize consumer lead capture and track/convert those leads into sales.