If you wake up every morning and want to build something great, this is the perfect sales job.
Datadog is seeking Inside Sales Reps looking to disrupt the marketplace. We’re looking for rock stars who will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, and closing sales opportunities. The successful Inside Sales Rep is:
- Has excellent telephone / communication skills
- Well organized
- Able to multi-task
- Experienced in contacting and conversing with senior business executives
This position is ideal for a talented inside salesperson that is comfortable interacting with clients on a cross industry basis. You will be closing deals in the 1K-100K+ range and will often act as the first contact for Datadog prospects with the objective of selling a SaaS unified data platform for dev and ops teams that offers a brand new way to manage applications and infrastructure in the cloud age. This is a high-volume, rapid sales cycle role where you must be able to manage multiple requirements at the same time.
The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to develop strong business relationships and sell products in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must be highly competitive with the ability to collaborate in a team environment, possess strong interpersonal and communicative skills. We require a four year degree with a minimum of 3 years of success in sales, primarily “inside” sales.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years of B2B sales experience / territory management via phone and web.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting and exceeding 125% of quota.
- High technical competence desired, ideally in SaaS, cloud computing or enterprise IT.
- Experience identifying, qualifying and closing prospects within the identified market.
- Experience responding to trial requests and other company-generated demand with the utmost urgency.
- Achievement of monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline and forecast goals and defined objectives.
- New business plan development, presentation to managers and implementation detailing how you will acquire new business and traction in your assigned area – including call plans, activity breakdowns, performance milestones and resource requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence others.
- Experience building new business pipeline for software products across a wide variety of industries and software applications.
- Experience with a CRM or sales force automation application (i.e. Saleforce.com).
- Ability to evaluate customer needs and sell consultatively.
- A strong desire to sell to a variety of top companies.
- Strong analytical skills that enable you to assess the potential of a client and develop a strategy for winning their business.
- Extremely high energy, self-motivated, driven and dynamic personality.
- Confident with strong interpersonal skills and a true team player.
What Datadog does
Datadog is a unified data platform for development and IT operations teams and offers a brand new way to manage applications and infrastructure in the cloud age. Our unique combination of data aggregation, visualization, and social interaction connects teams to all the tools and service providers they need to build and run reliable systems. Our Sales team is located in the Innovation District in Boston, MA.