Is helping the world organize its information better one of your life goals? Would you like to apply your skills and experience in Data Management to help make buildings more efficient? The Data and Analytics division of Bright Power, Inc. is seeking an energetic person to join our Data team, starting as soon as possible. Our lifeblood is data and we are looking for an experienced Data Manager to join our Data Team and help us gather, store and generally corral our many data streams. Previous experience dealing with large, complex datasets and web applications handling continuous flows of data is highly desirable. We are flexible on your tools of choice; in house we currently use MySQL, Python and Pentaho Kettle/ETL tools, but are constantly evaluating new technologies.
- Gather and write business requirements for data feed software features, support software development team during development.
- User Acceptance Testing, maintenance, and monitoring of our data feeds
- Work with all levels of the Bright Power team to design, optimize and project manage data retrieval, validation, and monitoring for company-wide processes.
- Verify and maintain the integrity of the data stored in our databases.
- 2-3 years experience in a data management role
- SQL skills and in-depth knowledge of at least one of the major relational databases (MySQL preferred). Experience with NoSQL data stores is a plus.
- XML processing, schema design, and validation
- Hands on experience with Business Intelligence applications (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Datawatch, etc) and techniques Data warehousing designimplementation background (e.g. OLAP)
- Experience with designing and implementing ETL solutions using packaged ETL software (Pentaho, Informatica, Talend, etc.)
The position is full-time and requires being on-site at the Bright Power office, located at 11 Hanover Square, Manhattan, NY, 10005.
Please send a 1) resume, 2) cover letter, 3) a short description of a data management project you have worked on in the past. Applications submitted without all three of these requirements will not be considered.
About Bright Power
We began by delivering energy improvement projects like many others do.We kept running into gaps where money, time, and resources were being wasted – despite everyone’s best intentions. We solved these problems, and in the process created a unique company with deep expertise in every dimension of energy management.